• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anybody heard of a player called Joe Allen?

Copamundial said:
Linked with us apparently.

Yeah, he's on our books. Though he's been injured more than he played then needed surgery after being flogged for no reason in the WC.

jack_lord said:
Very good player - if you had a choice of a fit Allen or Grimes?

Fit Allen played for Liverpool and played a big part in getting us promoted to the premier league, and staying there, but that Joe Allen is long gone.

Lampeterjack said:
Fit Allen played for Liverpool and played a big part in getting us promoted to the premier league, and staying there, but that Joe Allen is long gone.

Everyone gets old unfortunately and that brings its own issues.

Another unwise signing in retrospect, there's been a few over the years, we must start getting smarter as the pot gets tighter. Or face the consequences...

Anybody remember a player called Joe Allon? Played for the Swans in the late 80s. Striker.

Richard said:
Anybody remember a player called Joe Allon? Played for the Swans in the late 80s. Striker.

A strike force to choose from.....Joe Allon, Bryan Wade and Paul Raynor!

Makes Jerry Yates look like Haaland 😂

Awful signing.

Classic Swansea City, nostalgia wins every time

Fantastic player on his day, but the problem is he only gets one of those days per season.

When we brought him back in I knew he'd spend half the season injured and the other training to get back to fitness, we certainly could have spent that money a lot better. He did an excellent job for us in the Brendan years, but that was a lifetime ago in football.

Richard said:

Probably scored one of the best ever goals I’ve seen live down the Vetch, a bicycle kick v Cardiff on New Year’s Day 1988.
However, it was nearly eclipsed by Alan Davies overhead kick against Darlington which got us into the play offs that same season.
Halcyon days indeed!

TerryPHELAN said:
Probably scored one of the best ever goals I’ve seen live down the Vetch, a bicycle kick v Cardiff on New Year’s Day 1988.
However, it was nearly eclipsed by Alan Davies overhead kick against Darlington which got us into the play offs that same season.
Halcyon days indeed!

I remember when he came to us. One of the worst players I’d ever seen. Then out of the blue he started scoring like an oversized rabbit and became a cult hero.

As to Joe Allen. Ranks alongside Bony and Ayew (mark 2s) as terrible financial errors imo.

monmouth said:
I remember when he came to us. One of the worst players I’d ever seen. Then out of the blue he started scoring like an oversized rabbit and became a cult hero.

As to Joe Allen. Ranks alongside Bony and Ayew (mark 2s) as terrible financial errors imo.
Didn’t really do it for us. Had a purple patch around the Christmas of 87 when he scored in something like 7 or 8 consecutive games. Only stayed the season, then moved back up to the north east to Hartlepool where he scored a bucket load earning himself a move to Chelsea.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back