• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers | The EFL Championship

How long before Cardiff fans christen him Agent Yates?
Not only was he his usual rubbish self in attack today, he nearly gave me a heart attack when deep in injury time, he chased back and shoulder barged their winger in the back in our half to concede the perfect free kick for them, when it was easier to get a legal slide tackle in.
Can't we loan him out to Wrexham or someone?
Yes please, straight swap with Mullin. Should have scored when put through - harder to miss than score.

Second half was ugly, we look a completely different team with Yates and Fulton in there, and not in a good way.

Three wins from the last five and we’re still somehow only 4 points off the drop. Watford in 11th only have a 6 point gap!
Poor, defeatist, limited perspective as per.

We nowadays (post Martin) utilise our entire squad to optimise and leverage our squad strength, at all times. Maxing out on Joey and backfilling with Fults to control the outcome is eminently sensible, for the more informed, insightful proper fans. As per.

Some of the twp comments like the above and last week when we similarly mullered the oppo then controlled it with measured, calm controlled commanding leadership under Grimes - is pretty facking pathetic, fair play.

Proper fans are rational realists, looking up, always :
Middlesbrough, Watford, Birmingham, Bristol and Plymouth all lost - a proper great day for proper Swans fans, always looking up .

TCUP - Think Clearly Under Pressure - some of our most fickle, flaky fans always looking down ‘n out ‘n over their shoulders on matchday threads. It’s clearly a poor, loser mindset thing for some, JackFish.

I'm not as enamoured with the 1st half performance as others seem to be, thought with the ball we were weren't great and unable to string too many passes together. Placheta and Ronald were very good individually getting us up the pitch though. As was the pressing which Blackburn couldn’t cope with. Despite that team defending is poor and Blackburn probably had more good chances than us. The second half was pretty woeful, especially considering Blackburn played 120mins and penalties Wednesday, which is quite worrying how badly we struggled. Yates and Fulton are terrible.

Having said that 3 points was vital in light of other results.

Rebecca Welch is the best referee we have had here in a long time. She kept the game flowing, allowed the advantage, took no crap (Tyson’s dissent) and got the important decisions right.

Well done and take a bow.
Sad to say that there was some pretty rank comments about her in the South East corner. Only from a small group of youngish (18-21?) lads, but any decision against us was greeted with cries of 'slapper' 'slut' 'bitch', was pretty horrible to hear. I gave one of the lads a look and shook my head (admittedly not the most stern of talking tos), and was called 'a dull cunt' for doing so.

I appreciate its a small minority, but the lack of anyone else around them speaking up really disappointed me, particularly as there were a few parents with kids and, perhaps more importantly, lads with their female partners.

Had a good game, the ref, I thought

A few weeks ago, I made what sounded like a tongue in cheek comment but I did actually mean it. Somebody said the 2nd half subs transformed our game and I quipped that I agreed but added that in future LW should consider making the subs before the game starts. Effectively, this is what he's done. We always used to start with Fulton and Yates and 3 at the back and every first half we were absolutely dreadful. 2nd half, we'd bring on Allen and/or Patino and go with a back 4 to chase the game as we always seemed to be losing at half time. LW has learned that we should always start with a back 4 with Allen instead of Fulton and just about anyone instead of Yates. the problem now is that it seems like we are capable of going a couple of goals up but as soon as we have to sub Fulton on for Allen because Joe can't last the full 90, and bring on Yates, everything falls apart as our 2nd half team now resembles our previous 1st half team. The reality is that we haven't got enough decent players to bring on as subs capable of maintaining the momentum so when we start with a good team like we did last week and again today, it seems that any subs we make inevitably dilute the team and it allows the opposition to get back into the game. We could quite conceivably have lost to both Sunderland and Blackburn despite being 2-0 up in both games and if we had, we'd now be in the drop Zone with only Rotherham and the Owls below us. This is where our recruitment policy for the last few seasons has taken us.

Last edited:
Sad to say that there was some pretty rank comments about her in the South East corner. Only from a small group of youngish (18-21?) lads, but any decision against us was greeted with cries of 'slapper' 'slut' 'bitch', was pretty horrible to hear. I gave one of the lads a look and shook my head (admittedly not the most stern of talking tos), and was called 'a dull cunt' for doing so.

I appreciate its a small minority, but the lack of anyone else around them speaking up really disappointed me, particularly as there were a few parents with kids and, perhaps more importantly, lads with their female partners.

Had a good game, the ref, I thought
Shame to hear that happened, heard nothing but praise where I sit. When you barely notice the ref, it's usually a sign that he/she has done what a decent ref should rather than try to be the centre of attention like some of the usual suspects and that was the case yesterday. Both teams treated her with respect too but I don't know if that was because of her gender or just because she did her job well with a calm authority. If that also means that Joey Barton self-combusts, then so much the better. 😃

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the first half yesterday. I haven't seen us play like that since the tail end of last season. Loving the fact we're back to a 4-3-3 with wingers. That's Swansea for me. More please Luke Williams.

Second half I thought we managed it quite well for the last 10 mins plus injury time. Bit wobbly before that but understandable, we've been a bottom 8 side all season, confidence is still quite low.

Plenty to like and build on.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back