• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City | The EFL Championship | Good Friday

He must have something on a succession of our managers, if we are looking to improve on a regular basis then Fulton needs to be got rid of ASAP. Woeful player who offers absolutely nothing.
Agreed, but he put a vital defensive block in at the end to save the game. Tho that ain't near enough is it.

He must have something on a succession of our managers, if we are looking to improve on a regular basis then Fulton needs to be got rid of ASAP. Woeful player who offers absolutely nothing.
Probably has a clause in his contract which is the opposite to most players. If he makes the starting eleven the club doesn't have to pay him a wage.

Agreed, but he put a vital defensive block in at the end to save the game. Tho that ain't near enough is it.
A defensive block is a bit of a stretch Saint, he was five yards away from the attacker and spread himself out, basically the ball hit him, but yes vital regardless 👍

Disappointing performance today, but 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss in the last 6 is pretty good. (Yes, I decided not to go back further than that for some reason 😉)

A defensive block is a bit of a stretch Saint, he was five yards away from the attacker and spread himself out, basically the ball hit him, but yes vital regardless 👍
Believe me pal, was a stretch to compliment him.

The Russbot realised that was all he had to do. We have our limitations but we all saw what the team can actually do. This half arsed stuff most of the time should simply not be acceptable for professional players. Or is that how they are told to play when they don’t have a chef in their faces. It’s happening too often, so I hope this isn’t really the expected norm.
Well said. That's the million dollar question for me: are they playing the way they were told to play, or are they ignoring instructions from the manager?

To be fair to Martin, we did see some really good football during his period in charge, but the squad always reverted back to possession-without-intent and walking football.

Same under Duff. One great spell and then more of the usual nonsense.

And now under Williams? Let's hope today was a one-off. But starting Grimes and Fulton rarely ends well for us.

I didn't have a good enough view of the dugout. Was Williams flailing his arms in frustration like an out of control windmill in a storm when he saw that his team were impersonating the Philosophers' Football Match from Monty Python, or did he seem to think it was all going to plan?

Having said I'd be fair to Martin, this walking football nonsense did start under him. If I was a professional football player on an obscene salary and I was given the choice between having a stroll on a nice lawn once a week and tapping the ball back and forth with my mate Jay, or actually breaking a sweat, I would probably think that Russball is the real deal too.

In a way, it was a good reality check today to witness a performance like that. The Cardiff game was brilliant and one of my favourite days ever watching the Swans, but we shouldn't be surprised to see that from this team today, that's their usual level of performance sadly. It's just what we are now. A ramshackle mix of players from 3 or 4 different managers.

The remit hasn't changed - finish 21st or higher (we should do) and then a gigantic rebuild needed in summer. Several out, several in. Then go again and just hope it's better than this season.
Let’s hope the re-build goes better than the last one. I’d be surprised if it does though. If the same people are ‘driving’ our recruitment, we’re fecked.

Let’s hope the re-build goes better than the last one. I’d be surprised if it does though. If the same people are ‘driving’ our recruitment, we’re fecked.
Let’s hope they realise that after picking up Ronald abroad is the best place to pick up decent quality players at good prices. That market has always served us well

I still have a bitter taste in the mouth after watching that shyte display yesterday. Sheffield Wednesday gave us ample proof of why they are where they are, they were shocking in the first half, but we still failed to take advantage. Lethargic and inept were the words that came to mind.
Wednesday took encouragement from our lack of purpose, and it was only the crossbar, some brilliant saves from Rushworth and a nice poacher's goal which earned us a point.
Why the feck did Williams introduce Yates to the fray? I can't remember him touching the ball once or even being involved apart from earning himself a yellow for a silly spat on the touchline.
Lowe to start for me against QPR.

The fact we have 2 games in quick turnaround suggests the selection yesterday was utilising the whole squad. Centre midfield and a striker are big problem areas for us and could be debated yesterday was our weaker selections. The question is are we going to see any from Allen, Walsh, Patino or Lowe start v QPR?....

The fact we have 2 games in quick turnaround suggests the selection yesterday was utilising the whole squad. Centre midfield and a striker are big problem areas for us and could be debated yesterday was our weaker selections. The question is are we going to see any from Allen, Walsh, Patino or Lowe start v QPR?....
I think Walsh is done for the season but I hope Allen and Lowe start v QPR.

I'd love to tell you the story of why you're wrong and it's going to be different this time, but unfortunately I can't.

We won't get to see 23/24 accounts for a while but I suspect the balance sheet is not going to make happy reading after the £8m spend last summer, plus the spend out on Duff and his later severance package, then the spend out to get Williams in. There probably isn't going to be a lot of cash sloshing about for a rebuild.

Because the Steve Cooper era was free flowing, fluid, pass-and-move Holland 1974 wasn't it.

🙄
The walking football virus entered this club under Russell Martin. No amount of name checking other managers you disliked will change that. Three managers have tried to find a cure and to date, none of them have cracked it. Let’s hope Williams succeeds where others have failed.

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back