• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Cardiff City v Swansea City Match Thread | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Cardiff City?

• Cardiff win

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TheLoneRanger said:
Ramsey was allowed to stroll around the pitch as if he owned it - in a derby match FFS.

Unbelievable that one of our players were not willing to take a yellow card to welcome him back!!

Tommy Smith must be turning in his grave

Given that everything went through him and we all knew it would (maybe Duff didn't he's so hopeless), Fulton, who did naff all anyway, should have just man marked him out of it and we basically play 10vs10.

King_Ribena said:
No shots on target from the likes of Yates and Lowe says more about the build up and lack of creativity than the strikers themselves, not always, granted, but I have to agree, leagues 1/2 are about duff’s level. Kindly go back there please.

Course it is, pointless having strikers if you don't create chances for them......hoofing it forward isn't going to cut it.

We don't have a creative 10 but we have players in Ginnelly, Lowe, Cooper and even Pato and Conegrove who can play out wide and have a bit of drive and/or speed to get in behind the opposition and give an outlet.
I'm confident we have the players to get a solid mid table season but not in this style and formation.

Glyn1 said:
Get off Pedersen's back, or at least give him a chance. He played 160 matches for Birmingham so he's not a fool, and at the age of 28 he can bring some maturity to our back line.

Seriously PJ. why did you say that?

160 games and they laughed when we signed him.

jasper_T said:
160 games and they laughed when we signed him.

Did they, the fat bald guys on a Birmingham forum who wouldn't know a football from a sausage roll, how many games have you played as a professional footballer Jasp?

A lot less than 160 I'd guess

Glyn1 said:
Get off Pedersen's back, or at least give him a chance. He played 160 matches for Birmingham so he's not a fool, and at the age of 28 he can bring some maturity to our back line.

Well said Gwyn 👏

Was nothing wrong with him
First half. If he didn't foul them for his second nobody would have mentioned him.

We looked far better defensively tonight - the rest however was dog shit

Watched it on Sky so haven't read the thread yet.
Yes it was a defeat against Cardiff but more importantly for me is there is no sign of any improvement.
It just seems as if whatever team plays they are turning up for a kick about.
There is very little team play going on and more pass the parcel at either a slow pace or desperation.
Obvious passes are so slow allowing to be easily defended.
Support play is non existent. Players are either isolated or on top of each other.
As much as Duff is getting things wrong, players have to take a long hard look at themselves for not being able to do the basics well enough.

The next 2 games are massive as the following 4 seem like defeats.

Back to the game 2-0. We got off lightly.

Have to say, that performance spells lots of grief for Duff in the future.
WTF is our shape?
WYF is he thinking?
WTF are the players thinking?
Honestly, I can’t think of a recent game where we where so, so, inept.
I know it’s early doors, but WTF has Watson done in the recruitment of these players, and Duff’s subsequent use them them ???

I think the few comments bemoaning Watson may be a bit misguided. A head of player recruitment can only do so much as his budget allows. Do any of us think he’s really been given much of a budget to work with?

If you start with a substandard, threadbare squad and aren’t given much to bring it up to standard can you really be upset that it’s still not quite up to snuff, especially given how poor the manager has been at tactics and squad selection.

Swanjaxs said:
Did they, the fat bald guys on a Birmingham forum who wouldn't know a football from a sausage roll, how many games have you played as a professional footballer Jasp?

A lot less than 160 I'd guess

For me, read Bennett instead of Pederson… both Duff type players… solid enough decisively, but slow in foot and kind… not ball players that we come to expect at Swansea.

They'll only be able to do 20mph on their open top bus ride because of blueturd Drakeford :oops:

Whaleoilbeefhooked said:
Have to say, that performance spells lots of grief for Duff in the future.
WTF is our shape?
WYF is he thinking?
WTF are the players thinking?
Honestly, I can’t think of a recent game where we where so, so, inept.
I know it’s early doors, but WTF has Watson done in the recruitment of these players, and Duff’s subsequent use them them ???

I can think of a few recent ones this season where we looked similarly disjointed. We've lacked any form of togetherness or plan all season so far. All the chopping and changing of players doesn't help either. I hope we can settle a bit now, the new players can get some game time and then hopefully we'll see an improvement. It's more a hope than expectation though.

Glyn1 said:

I said that because he was crap. As was Lowe. The last thing we need is to become a retirement home for has-beens looking for a last pay out. (See Joe Allen)
And since when did playing for Birmingham become a stamp of quality?

Cant believe what i witnessed last night especially away from home in a derby. Duff has completeley abandoned our possesion football and has us playing basic stuff. To do that we need different type of players, now i appreciate he has brought in his players but that leaves us in limbo. Grimes and Fulton last night were struggling with the channel balls mostly from defence the only option for Yates and Lowe to run into, Key did his best but was shut down quickly. But this is the biggest issue for me tactically, why the hell didnt he do a man marking job on Ramsey a massive schoolboy error that must have really miffed the players before a ball was kicked.

Watching Joel put that goal away for Leeds makes me feel sad. We are finally paying the price for constantly degrading our playing staff.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back