• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Stoke City | The EFL Championship

I see at half time the pundits also criticized that defender for playing the entire attacking lineup onside :)

Two awful teams who deserve to be where they are in the table. We are fortunate to be ahead, Stroud just dropped a huge bollock disallowing their goal. Marginally better than recent performances but overall still really poor stuff.
You think it should have been allowed?

Not sure I'm in with the Ronald bashing. Not saying he's amazing, but he is positive with the ball more than not, unlike almost all his team-mates, and is still a main attacking outlet Wish he'd stop crossing the ball to imaginary players that are nowhere near our actual players though...

Not writing him off yet. Shown plenty of promise since he's got here.

Two awful teams who deserve to be where they are in the table. We are fortunate to be ahead, Stroud just dropped a huge bollock disallowing their goal. Marginally better than recent performances but overall still really poor stuff.
Nonsense on Stroud's decision. The ref's not there to second guess a player's intentions. If he stands up and knocks the ball out of the keeper's hands, which he did, it's a foul and a free kick to us.

You don't get the impression the game's over though. I hope Williams is a bit more proactive with his subs today and changes things that need changing before they score. I can't see Pato lasting 90 minutes, so maybe an earlier introduction of Patino might be called for.

Th
Nonsense on Stroud's decision. The ref's not there to second guess a player's intentions. If he stands up and knocks the ball out of the keeper's hands, which he did, it's a foul and a free kick to us.
Ats how I saw it......the timing of Rushworth about to release it made it look a bit more dubious but it's clear Ennis knocks it out as he pops up when the action is slowed down.
We were lucky in the fact that some regs are capable of getting it arse backward and giving it at this level.

Ronald is up and down in this game but we have to keep feeding him the ball, he's got his full back Stevens on a yellow, let's take advantage.
Having seen the TV replay several times, the ref was right on their disallowed goal. The Stoke player dislodged the ball from Rushworth's hands as his head came up from being bent double. Not intentional, but that doesn't matter, free kick to us.
That was how I saw it too

Cundle coming on at half time.
Hopefully we stop being super generous to our ex players.

It's becoming more obvious that they don't work well together and Grimes needs to sort this dropping deep when the pressure is being applied on us.

Grimes is never going to sort anything out. He never learns, he never improves, he just coasts, and is allowed to coast because the culture of the club these days is just to tolerate mediocrity - in fact, it celebrates it.

Grimes creates alot of unwanted pressure by dropping deep when the opposition are pressing and pushing on........its a situation like this when we need a strong centre forward to drop it into and work off from there.
If that’s what he wants to do then let him drop really deep - as a car park attendant in the away end.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back