• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Stoke City | The EFL Championship

This is a relegation scrum for the ages. Id say we are safe already though.

You didn’t see Montero beat Arsenal in the premier league virtually single handed? The flick against Cardiff was lovely mind, fair dos.
It takes more than one good game every lifetime to create a good player mind Mon 🤣

Anyway, back to Ronald he is playing for Swansea City because he is the player he is. If he was any better than he was he wouldn't be here.

At least we dont have to worry about the hysteria that declared after two games we would be lucky to hold onto him this summer 🤣

One more win mathematically guarantees safety but I don't think we will need it.
Done and dusted. Two of the clubs down the arse end on 42/43 ain’t going to win 3 out of 4. That’s without the constraints of playing each other and others below us. Safe now.

Comfortably now there is no way that all the teams below us will get to 50 points.

Perm any two from eight now
Certainly now.

7 points safe.........meaning Brum, Hudd and Sheff Wed need 3 wins from 4 or 2 wins and 2 draws if we don't pick up another point.

We will be mathematically safe come 5pm Saturday.
Our biggest battle is the summer........even bigger than this season for me.

Certainly now.

7 points safe.........meaning Brum, Hudd and Sheff Wed need 3 wins from 4 or 2 wins and 2 draws if we don't pick up another point.

We will be mathematically safe come 5pm Saturday.
Our biggest battle is the summer........even bigger than this season for me.
Never in doubt.... 🤣

Very good post. The need of a plan B is only if you aren't good enough for plan A
The correct approach would have been to become so good at plan A that you never need a plan B

Nothing wrong with developing a Plan B, but when you simultaneously put Plan A in the bin (like Monk did) then you've got real problems. When Plan B goes tits up, you've got nothing to return to.

One more win mathematically guarantees safety but I don't think we will need it.
How do you work that out? With one more win, we'd have 53 points and with 4 games left to play and 12 points available, all of the teams below us except Rotherham could get more than that. Even 2nd to bottom Birmingham have got 42 points and 4 wins would give them 54. It's highly unlikely because some of those teams still have to play each other but it's not mathematically impossible.

It takes more than one good game every lifetime to create a good player mind Mon 🤣

Anyway, back to Ronald he is playing for Swansea City because he is the player he is. If he was any better than he was he wouldn't be here.

At least we dont have to worry about the hysteria that declared after two games we would be lucky to hold onto him this summer 🤣
I didn’t say he was good mun Phil, just he’d done a lot more than Ronald. Ronald has nothing like Montero’s talent. He was just made of glass and blew very hot and cold. Ronald has improved us by having some pace and hugging the touchline. Ditto Scrabble. Both very similar players that can gunt a cross into orbit as soon as look at you. I expect Ronald to improve, maybe a lot. I don’t expect Scrabble to. Any seeming hero worship of Ronald by twatterati at the moment is ridiculous.

How do you work that out? With one more win, we'd have 53 points and with 4 games left to play and 12 points available, all of the teams below us except Rotherham could get more than that. Even 2nd to bottom Birmingham have got 42 points and 4 wins would give them 54. It's highly unlikely because some of those teams still have to play each other but it's not mathematically impossible.
Don’t they have to play each other?

Never in doubt.... 🤣

I think the fact that we haven't helped ourselves on and off the pitch coupled with injuries would highlight that we shouldn't really have been in this position.
The summer is a real opportunity to make amends but I don't have great faith in Watson and Co.

Well done to all. Looks like we'll have enough to be in the Championship next season.
We'll be fine now.

The last 48 hours have pretty much gone entirely our way, save from Millwall winning. We've been very fortunate on that score, plus (for once) we've held up our end of the bargain.

Awful season, thank God we're safe, major surgery needed this summer to ensure this isn't a 2016/17 into 2017/18 scenario where we were complacent and failed to heed the warning.

I didn’t say he was good mun Phil, just he’d done a lot more than Ronald. Ronald has nothing like Montero’s talent. He was just made of glass and blew very hot and cold. Ronald has improved us by having some pace and hugging the touchline. Ditto Scrabble. Both very similar players that can gunt a cross into orbit as soon as look at you. I expect Ronald to improve, maybe a lot. I don’t expect Scrabble to. Any seeming hero worship of Ronald by twatterati at the moment is ridiculous.
Fairy nuff

Thing is Montero was an average Premier League winger
Ronald is an average Championship winger

By default that has to make Montero better.

And both were better than Adrian Forbes 🤣 🤣

Last bit. Spot on.

I think the fact that we haven't helped ourselves on and off the pitch coupled with injuries would highlight that we shouldn't really have been in this position.
The summer is a real opportunity to make amends but I don't have great faith in Watson and Co.

I've no faith at all that they have the capability to deliver what is needed in the summer.

They have done nothing to suggest otherwise

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back