• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NFL Thread

Glyn1 said:
We need a team that Darran and the rest of us can support.

Preferably one that's an underdog but punchesabove its weight, but probably won't win anything, but would scare the bejasus out of the big boys

Anyone got a shortlist?

Titans, but unfortunately they are out, did frighten one or two last season and generally don't do a lot so the last 2 seasons have been a bit of a bonus. They are my NFL team and have been to LP Field (Nissan stadium now) a good few times.

Glyn1 said:
We need a team that Darran and the rest of us can support.

Preferably one that's an underdog but punchesabove its weight, but probably won't win anything, but would scare the bejasus out of the big boys

Anyone got a shortlist?

With the way the NFL is set up (worst teams get highest draft picks, easier schedules, etc), it's possible for teams to go from bottom of their division to the playoffs a season later.

There are some teams that are perennial underdogs because of the way they're run by the owners, thinking of the Washington Football Team (previously Redskins), both New York teams, Jacksonville Jaguars and the Cleveland Browns until recently.

I'd say the Miami Dolphins would be a good choice for a new fan in the UK. Historically popular in this country, games usually in the early Sunday window so less staying up late, plus easy to get to if someone really gets into the sport and wants to go watch them play.

They've been a decent team recently, but have fired their coach and aren't sure if their highly drafted quarterback is going to be good enough. They've got a lot of cap space to sign free agents and should be a good team next year if they get the right coach, although they are in a tough division with the Bills and the Patriots.

JackFish said:
Really fantastic weekend of playoff games! Okay the niners and packers wasn't a classic but it was some great defensive football, and the tying touchdown was hilarious. Bills really should have finished the job last night, really think the OT rules need changing though as pretty much whoever won the coinflip was going to win.

SF seem to have the Rams' number in recent seasons but they'll need to be way better offensively, can't rely on the defense and special teams again. It'll probably feel more like a home game for them though if the last game at SoFi is anything to go by.

The Rams were obviously scarred by the amount of 49er fans in their stadium in Week 18, so they were trying to stop it happening again even before they played the Bucs :lol: :

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1485330190028922880?s=20

cmajack said:
Have been to LP Field (Nissan stadium now) a good few times.

Same here. It’s a great setting just across the river from downtown.

Cooperman said:
cmajack said:
Have been to LP Field (Nissan stadium now) a good few times.

It certainly is, and if you love music it's the perfect place to go. Been to the country music festival several times which is held there and it's a awesome occasion.

cmajack said:
Cooperman said:

It certainly is, and if you love music it's the perfect place to go. Been to the country music festival several times which is held there and it's a awesome occasion.

My mate plays at The Station Inn most Friday nights. He’s big chums with Billy Droze and Dale Ann Bradley.

Oh very interesting, guy we generally chat to who plays in the Bridgestone arena at festival time has played at lot at the station Inn. His name is Shawn camp, has written lots of songs for the likes of garth Brooks and josh Turner and many other well known country music stars .

cmajack said:
Oh very interesting, guy we generally chat to who plays in the Bridgestone arena at festival time has played at lot at the station Inn. His name is Shawn camp, has written lots of songs for the likes of garth Brooks and josh Turner and many other well known country music stars .

If all goes to plan I’ll be back over there in early April, didn’t make it at all in 2020 or 2021.

Neither did we, but can't go this year either, my mother in law has terminal cancer and is not very well . Hope you have a fabulous time if you go , I'm well jealous.

Bengals v Rams it is then. Not sure anyone saw that coming at half time in the early game.

Cooperman said:
Bengals v Rams it is then. Not sure anyone saw that coming at half time in the early game.

Certainly not and didn't think it was coming at 17-7 to the Niners in the second game either. Still, we've been on a great run with a fair bit of luck involved and it had to end sometime. There's lots to admire about Jimmy G, but he was clearly the weakest quarterback who played yesterday.

Go Bengals in the Superbowl.

JackSomething said:
Cooperman said:

Certainly not and didn't think it was coming at 17-7 to the Niners in the second game either. Still, we've been on a great run with a fair bit of luck involved and it had to end sometime. There's lots to admire about Jimmy G, but he was clearly the weakest quarterback who played yesterday.

Yes, I'll be right behind the underdog for this one. Not many teams with their regular season record go on to triumph in the Superbowl.

Cooperman said:
JackSomething said:

Yes, I'll be right behind the underdog for this one. Not many teams with their regular season record go on to triumph in the Superbowl.

I saw some stat during the NFC game that no matter whether the Rams or Niners won, the Superbowl has never been contested by 2 teams with so many combined losses in the season. I think this would be the case even if it had still been a 16 game season.

The NFL love their 'last to first' and 'any given Sunday' narratives, so I imagine they're delighted.

JackSomething said:
Cooperman said:

Jimmy is a decent enough QB but when you need to rely on him rolling out of the pocket or throwing deep passes you're always going to be in trouble. Having said that, Tartt holds onto that pick in the fourth quarter and Niners are in a great position, he'll be having nightmares from that one for weeks. A bit like poor Kyle Williams from 2011.

Any other tw*t staying up to watch the Super Bowl like me?.. hope the Bengals win, but I just can't see it

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back