• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Liam Cullen extended contract

Thats why Jerry Yates has 32 goals in 140 odd Championship games and Liam Cullen 20 in 118. And a lot of those Yates was played wide for Blackpool.
So you're just ignoring the rest of what I wrote? Surely you can see that being a better player isn't purely down to goal scoring? Cullen as I said is far better at pressing and generally being involved. While Yates if he doesn’t score, does absolutely nothing. Unless you're scoring Jason Scotland type numbers, that's not enough.

Correct, Cullen in this system isn't the answer either.
Not sure he is the answer in any system. Don't get me wrong, I like the lad and the effort he puts in.

We need a goal scorer not someone who works hard in that position.

Neither of those numbers are particularly impressive for a centre forward.
Absolutely should be aiming for better than both. Jerry gets 10x the abuse Cullen does despite generally delivering a broadly similar outcome with less minutes

So you're just ignoring the rest of what I wrote? Surely you can see that being a better player isn't purely down to goal scoring? Cullen as I said is far better at pressing and generally being involved. While Yates if he doesn’t score, does absolutely nothing. Unless you're scoring Jason Scotland type numbers, that's not enough.
I do understand that. But there's a reason why Blackpool believe this guy is a duracell bunny, harassing and chasing for 90 minutes and one of their best ever players. He isn't the piece of shit that a lot have suggested he is

Absolutely should be aiming for better than both. Jerry gets 10x the abuse Cullen does despite generally delivering a broadly similar outcome with less minutes
The fee paid for him and his perceived lack of effort don't help his cause.

Not sure he is the answer in any system. Don't get me wrong, I like the lad and the effort he puts in.

We need a goal scorer not someone who works hard in that position.
Well he scored 8 goals from December onwards last season alongside Piroe - in a two upfront he's a very good player. But not 1.

I do understand that. But there's a reason why Blackpool believe this guy is a duracell bunny, harassing and chasing for 90 minutes and one of their best ever players. He isn't the piece of shit that a lot have suggested he is
Well he needs to start showing it for us. Our fans haven't got irrational dislike of his performances for no reason.

Well he scored 8 goals from December onwards last season alongside Piroe - in a two upfront he's a very good player. But not 1.
Wouldn't mind seeing us going 442

Wouldn't mind seeing us going 442
I think we need a far more solid central midfield to go down that route. When we did go with 2 up front last season we didn't really play out and out wingers.

I think we need a far more solid central midfield to go down that route. When we did go with 2 up front last season we didn't really play out and out wingers.

We didn't have any out and out wingers in the squad.

Playing three at the back tends to restrict any width in the side. Also constantly playing central defenders as your wing backs isn't a recipe for success.

It's obvious for anyone to see that our midfield needs urgent work, no matter what formation we play.

"Less minutes" is just 18 by Whoscored's count (2278 vs 2296) which depending on stoppages in play and extra time might as well be no difference at all. Lowe has 9 goals in 2230, again a very similar rate.

We've played better with Cullen starting, which shows in the results and his 5 assists (Yates 1, Lowe 3). With the club losing money hand over fist, the lad working just as hard for a fifth of the outlay deserves more of the benefit of the doubt. But we do need better next season.

Don't disagree with any of that.
We didn't have any out and out wingers in the squad.

Playing three at the back tends to restrict any width in the side. Also constantly playing central defenders as your wing backs isn't a recipe for success.

It's obvious for anyone to see that our midfield needs urgent work, no matter what formation we play.
Don't disagree with any of that.

It’s the short termism that has blighted the thinking of our board for years. There’s only so many times you can do this sort of thing before your club gets a rep which makes players reluctant to come here
We're at that stage now, how many players have turned us down in the last 18months?
Along with managers as well?

£156,000 a year mind. For someone at best average at his job. Peanuts.
There's plenty in government who earn similar and are totally useless.

Cullen is a decent hard working player, but yeah average at this level is a fair comment.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back