• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

James McClean

Does he offer any insight in to why he thinks he is so unpopular? Being Irish can’t be the reason, as he says himself regarding Niall Quinn.

Itchysphincter said:
Does he offer any insight in to why he thinks he is so unpopular? Being Irish can’t be the reason, as he says himself regarding Niall Quinn.

I'd imagine it's because he refuses to wear the poppy and once posed in a photo pretending to be an IRA chap with his son. There are probably other things as well.

Neath_Jack said:
Itchysphincter said:

I'd imagine it's because he refuses to wear the poppy and once posed in a photo pretending to be an IRA chap with his son. There are probably other things as well.

Yeah, maybe that’s got something to with it. I dunno.

The photo with his son was stupid, no doubt. As he says himself though, he'd had 8 years of abuse before that, which was all because he wouldn't wear the poppy.

I'd like to see a Venn diagram on those who abuse him for choosing not to wear a poppy and those who are angry at being expected to support players taking a knee...

JackSomething said:
The photo with his son was stupid, no doubt. As he says himself though, he'd had 8 years of abuse before that, which was all because he wouldn't wear the poppy.

I'd like to see a Venn diagram on those who abuse him for choosing not to wear a poppy and those who are angry at being expected to support players taking a knee...

That’s where I am. The hatred stems originally from his refusal to wear a poppy for what (for him) are entirely legitimate reasons. He’s also clearly a bit of a dick mind but as a footballer he’s far from being alone in that.

JackSomething said:

I'd be willing to bet 50p that most of them would have a union flag alongside their username on Twitter.

exiledclaseboy said:
JackSomething said:

That’s where I am. The hatred stems originally from his refusal to wear a poppy for what (for him) are entirely legitimate reasons. He’s also clearly a bit of a dick mind but as a footballer he’s far from being alone in that.

I agree with every single word of this 💪

JackSomething said:

I think you may find that a lot of lads and lasses who were on Op Banner are abusing the c**t for his pro IRA stance, rather than exercising his right not to wear a poppy.
It's up to people to choose to wear or not wear a poppy of any colour without hassle from any other f**ker.
Freedom granted by those who ever joined any branch of the military.

Taking the knee on behalf of Floyd was wrong. So wrong. Career criminal who put a gun against a pregnant woman stomach, c**t deserved to die.
But not the way he did and that dibble was also so wrong.
Personally I hope chauvin(???) gets shagged senseless by the biggest coloured dick in the nick with him
(Could be dead as far as I know. Don't watch the news. Far to biased one way or the other. Can't remember reading he is dead.)

Taking the knee to show racism, homophobia or any form of discrimination is wrong, seems perfectly acceptable to me.

Bet the ones shouting loudest about racism are the same boneheads booing GSTK or shouting anti English bollox in the ground. Or using the term "gammon"
Or deliberately not seeing a disabled person, gay couple or foreigners.
Obviously don't understand racism is racism and discrimination end of.
Be interesting to see a Venn diagram of that.

Dewi1jack said:
Bet the ones shouting loudest about racism are the same boneheads booing GSTK or shouting anti English bollox in the ground. Or using the term "gammon"

I think there'd be a lot less correlation there than you suggest personally. The knuckle draggers like to suggest that us 'woke' types only care about racism and not other kinds of discrimination, but they never seem able to produce any evidence to back this up. Whereas go on any kind of message board on the internet and the people moaning about taking the knee will likely also moan about gay rights, immigration, etc.

To me, the pro-IRA stance reason for booing McLean sounds like the reason used for booing players taking the knee when they link it to BLM exclusively. In other words, a handy excuse to be intolerant. For the majority anyway.

JackSomething said:
Dewi1jack said:

I think there'd be a lot less correlation there than you suggest personally. The knuckle draggers like to suggest that us 'woke' types only care about racism and not other kinds of discrimination, but they never seem able to produce any evidence to back this up. Whereas go on any kind of message board on the internet and the people moaning about taking the knee will likely also moan about gay rights, immigration, etc.

To me, the pro-IRA stance reason for booing McLean sounds like the reason used for booing players taking the knee when they link it to BLM exclusively. In other words, a handy excuse to be intolerant. For the majority anyway.

I didn't use the term woke.
Again that is not allowing someone to have a different opinion.
Some opinions are dangerous and need stopping- including as many forms of discrimination as possible.
Make stuff up in your own little closed off world not mine. And don't selectively quote.
Guessing you boo players who take the knee as well as ignore the disabled.
As you seem to be assuming about me, I'll do the same.

Dewi1jack said:
JackSomething said:

I didn't use the term woke.
Again that is not allowing someone to have a different opinion.
Some opinions are dangerous and need stopping- including as many forms of discrimination as possible.
Make stuff up in your own little closed off world not mine. And don't selectively quote.
Guessing you boo players who take the knee as well as ignore the disabled.
As you seem to be assuming about me, I'll do the same.

Where in there did I assume anything about you personally? I was responding to your claim that people who draw attention to racism don't see disabled people, gay couples or foreigners.

You're allowed to hold any opinion you want and if you want to boo McLean or players taking the knee, you are in your rights to do so. Just as anyone else is allowed to disagree with that decision.

I put woke in inverted commas to show that was me using that term, not quoting you.

I'll accept the selectively quoting accusation however. I was only going to write my first paragraph, so I quoted only the part of your post I was replying to. Once I added the second paragraph, I should have put the rest of your post back in. It's a fair cop guv.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back