• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

XL Bullies

• Thread starter BLAZE
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 103
  • Views: Views 6,438
rockinj said:
Totally agree mate, something to be said for muzzling them as well.

They’re fricking dogs have some care for your fellow man.

Since covid they’ve multiplied and the same idiots will be moaning about cost of living. Take some responsibility over your life!

I've been saying for a while that since covid I've never seen so many aggressive dogs, both on and off leads, many, not all owners got a dog during the pandemic to get around walking restrictions and now we are seeing many more aggressive dogs as a result.
It's not easy to "train out" aggressiveness in a dog but is usually achievable, sadly a lot of the more recent dog owners obviously couldn't be arsed... (imho)

I get out for runs normally 4 or 5 times a week, so it does cross my mind quite a lot, what I would do if a dog actually attacked me. I've had dogs jump up at me, bark at me, run flat out at me (stopping at my feet) and as previously mentioned bite me. But I do wonder what I would do if a dog actually started biting me uncontrollably. I'm an animal lover (steady on :lol: ), always had dogs and cats in the family, currently have a cat...so it's not in my nature to hurt animals. I detest animal cruelty...but I suppose I would just have to kick the dog in the head? I hate even thinking about it to be honest...but I do worry what I'd have to do.

MrSwerve said:
I get out for runs normally 4 or 5 times a week, so it does cross my mind quite a lot, what I would do if a dog actually attacked me. I've had dogs jump up at me, bark at me, run flat out at me (stopping at my feet) and as previously mentioned bite me. But I do wonder what I would do if a dog actually started biting me uncontrollably. I'm an animal lover (steady on :lol: ), always had dogs and cats in the family, currently have a cat...so it's not in my nature to hurt animals. I detest animal cruelty...but I suppose I would just have to kick the dog in the head? I hate even thinking about it to be honest...but I do worry what I'd have to do.

I don’t know why you’re conflicted on this.

If a dog were to be aggressive with you then you’d be an idiot for not putting the boot in.

I love animals (it’s not an either or) most of the problem stems from low iq individuals not the dogs.

There needs to be far more rigorous checks and licensing. If any of these Neanderthals are found in breach they should be heavily fined and banned from ownership.

MrSwerve said:

After I'd left Uni in 1973, I did a year as a meter reader for the South Eastern Electricity Board based in Guildford and that job put me off dogs for the rest of my life. Operating in some of the most affluent areas in the UK, I often had to visit huge houses and frequently encountered dogs running around the gardens and I got bitten regularly but fortunately never seriously. One incident I always remember clearly. I got no reply at the front door and the reading sheet notes said to try the back door so I walked around the corner of the house and came literally eye to eye with a Great Dane, I turned, took 2 huge bounds and cleared a 5-bar gate. I still have no idea to this day how I did that but I still don't like dogs. Worst bite I got was when I pushed the reading sheet through the letterbox of a house and a dog bit my fingers, felt like somebody slamming two house bricks together with my fingers in between. I'd previously believed I could never kick an animal but I did have to kick a few in self-defence.

Needed a Sparky to do some outside wiring a while ago , not a big job .

First question over the phone he asked was , have you got a dog onsite .

Personal Protection and PPE overload yes , maybe the fella does not like dogs , past experince .
He never turned up anyway after agreeing to have a look .

I told him I do not have a dog , I never got back to him .

Karnataka's description of his experiences do sound the sort that would shape one's perspective, though I confess I'd love to have seen CCTV of the Great Dane encounter 😂

Squarebear said:
Karnataka's description of his experiences do sound the sort that would shape one's perspective, though I confess I'd love to have seen CCTV of the Great Dane encounter 😂
:!: :arrow:

If there had been CCTV footage, it would have shown that, as I was landing on the safe side of the gate, I was half turned and came down with the top of the gate across my ribs and I just collapsed on the floor in serious pain and convinced that I'd probably broken 1 or 2 but after lying there for 10-15 minutes, I realised I hadn't and got to my feet. No mobile phones in '74 so I don't know what I'd have done if I had broken anything.

On a lighter note, on another occasion, I did walk round to the back of a house and disturbed a stark naked woman sunning herself on a sunbed! :lol: Being serious stockbroker belt country, I did visit some famous people's houses too, Eric Clapton, Pauline Collins/John Alderton, Gilbert o'Sullivan, Gary Brooker (whiter shade of pale singer), Paul Rodgers (Free/Bad Company) and for cricket historians, former England captain, P.B.H.May! :D

I do much the same. I am of the opinion that all dogs should at least be on leads and controllable by the owner in all public spaces.

The guy who was attacked was lucky he was able to escape, the guy looking after the dog sounds a bit of a beaut and had recently been sentenced for assaulting an emergency worker, possession of a weapon and drugs yet he was in charge of a ferocious beast. I’m surprised the dog is still alive, the owner should have had it put down after what it had done. Hopefully the Court will order the animals destruction.

I do much the same. I am of the opinion that all dogs should at least be on leads and controllable by the owner in all public spaces.
100%, I got attacked whilst jogging down on Aberavon beach by a massive old english sheep dog that its owner had allowed off the lead. I was raging.

I‘d be tempted to force owners to have liability insurance so people who are attacked can be compensated.

I do hope it’s ok to post this link I don’t to upset dog lovers in the same way all the alkies are upset in the Alcohol thread

Absolutely awful. And I must say Darren, that's pretty despicable what you have done there, and comes across as totally uncaring towards the poor woman that has lost her life, to share a link like that, and it seems the only priority in the post was to have a dig at someone else. Just wow.

Absolutely awful. And I must say Darren, that's pretty despicable what you have done there, and comes across as totally uncaring towards the poor woman that has lost her life, to share a link like that, and it seems the only priority in the post was to have a dig at someone else. Just wow.

Sorry I didn’t want to upset you.

Sorry I didn’t want to upset you.
You have let yourself down with that post, if I got absolutely bladdered and woke up the next day to see I had posted something like that, I would be absolutely gutted and ashamed of myself. Just my tuppence worth Darr, it's highly disrespectful to post about someone's death, and say the words you did.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back