• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Women’s World Cup 2023

exiledclaseboy

Staff member
Reaction score
Just kicked off, NZ v Norway on BBC1. Most games in the night or morning our time. Should be a good tournament.

Note for anyone with no interest in women’s football, feel free to bypass this thread.

exiledclaseboy said:
Just kicked off, NZ v Norway on BBC1. Most games in the night or morning our time. Should be a good tournament.

Note for anyone with no interest in women’s football, feel free to bypass this thread.

Excellent. Looking forward to it. One where I'm happy for England to do well as that will grow the game in Wales too.

New Zealand beating Norway is an upset.

Irish were valiant in defeat against the Aussies.

England play Haiti on Saturday morning

Netherlands v Portugal will be a good one on Sunday

Spain put in a performance against Costa Rica.

Looking forward to seeing USA but I reckon the gap has closed and there is a group of contenders in this tournament.

Almost 80,000 to watch Oz v Eire.

Baron Goblet said:
Spain put in a performance against Costa Rica.

Looking forward to seeing USA but I reckon the gap has closed and there is a group of contenders in this tournament.

Almost 80,000 to watch Oz v Eire.

Enjoyed the odd parts of Netherlands v Portugal, that I caught earlier

France v Jamaica now is decent

Great that the double digit hammerings are getting rarer now, especially at what should be the top of the game.

England beating Haiti by the single goal and USA beating Vietnam by only 4 shows that the competitiveness is moving in a positive direction.

Holland and France games have been pretty poor especially when the opposition can't muster a shot between them

I watched most of Netherlands v Portugal and found it a frustrating experience.
Portugal were by far the better footballing team, played some nice stuff in the first two thirds of the pitch, but as soon as they got into the final third, their heads went.
They either lost possession with ill judged passes or mis-hit crosses over the bar, or into the keepers hands. Same with dead balls. No quality whatsoever. It was like watching an under 10s match at the local park. They just don't see the obvious, dangerous pass when attacking, or if they do, they feck it up with poor execution.
Not sure if I want to watch too much more. Apart from England getting hammered, obviously.

Have seen a few games and the standard is absolute crap. The fact that its 'women's game's is the sole reason for the coverage. For sheer enjoyment they'd be better showing the ' homeless ' world cup. Standard be far higher.
If England wernt as good as being touted, this debacle wouldn't be near any TV over here.

sainthelens said:
Have seen a few games and the standard is absolute crap. The fact that its 'women's game's is the sole reason for the coverage. For sheer enjoyment they'd be better showing the ' homeless ' world cup. Standard be far higher.
If England wernt as good as being touted, this debacle wouldn't be near any TV over here.

Do you feel better for airing your edgy opinion now, petal?

It looks as if Fisher is the goal keeping coach for at least half the teams out there.

Have watched about half the games, good to see the top countries getting a run around at times.

Holland look strong. Concentrate on the positives such as Holland's goal.

The games I've had a look at haven't been the best but it's the same for most early games in the groups at any major tournament, male or female...

https://twitter.com/HerFootballHub/status/1683464500962287616

Outstanding.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back