• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Will Evans - Newport

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Rumoured to be coming in 15 goals in a bottom half Newport team, cheaper alternative to Langstaff?

Swansea93 said:
Rumoured to be coming in 15 goals in a bottom half Newport team, cheaper alternative to Langstaff?

It will always be the cheaper option under these owners.

15 goals and one assist in league two this season.

Or we could go for Ali Al Hamadi with 13 goals and 6 assists. Now where have I heard that name before?

J_B said:
Or we could go for Ali Al Hamadi with 13 goals and 6 assists. Now where have I heard that name before?

Fair play to the lad for making a good career for himself but if there's ever a player to show the gap between us and League Two then there he is.

Obviously having a great season and I'd love to see a Cymru Premier product get a chance but he's 27 in July and his goal record is only decent this season.

If he was 5 years younger, yes, if it was 250k, yes.

We're also well stocked in the wingery striker position.

At 500k it won't break the bank but ultimately it's for a player nearly 27 rather than one that is a bit younger.

The guy is built well, has a nice left foot and seems to have something about him.
Catch 22 with him being a versatile player also.

Squad player for me, he needs to grasp that opportunity up top when given it, otherwise he will be used in other positions.

I really can't get excited at this - 27 years old and one good (half) a season at League Two level.

Sorry but thats the way I see it

I can’t see it happening i was listening to radio Wales a few weeks back and one of the pundits i think it was Nathan Blake said there is a big difference between L2 and the Championship and I don’t think he can make it, and he watches them regularly

Hopefully our scouts have done their job and are bringing in someone with a high ceiling who can make an impact. I don’t care where we sign them from, as long as we’ve done our homework.

I’ve worked a few Newport games recently and I’ve got to be honest I haven’t been overly impressed with him… I can’t imagine him making such a big step up again.

PSumbler said:
I really can't get excited at this - 27 years old and one good (half) a season at League Two level.

Sorry but thats the way I see it

League 2 is our aspiration.

I watched thier cup game at the weekend and he didn't show much to be honest, the lad up front for Eastleigh was better.

Shows how low our expectations are when there’s a thread discussing strikers from league 2😂

So the club that didn't think Morgan Whittaker could make it at this level, thinks Will Evans can?

Sounds about right.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back