• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Birds In The Garden And Everywhere Else Thread

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 745
  • Views: Views 114,053
A couple of years ago our bird feeder was a right old smorgasbord of treats. Slowly but surely a few party poopers are ruining it for everyone.

Meal worms - the magpies would routinely empty it even while I was walking back up the garden path after refilling.

Niger seeds - the finches kept spitting the seeds on my lawn where they germinated

Fat balls - they were dropping into the garden and making the dogs ill.

All that's left now is peanuts. And the sodding cross have sussed how to hang onto the feeders and scoff them.

Went to Portugal for the day on Monday this week, saw lots of stuff but these 2 birds were the highlights;

Black-Headed Weaver, not an indigenous Portugal bird as they inhabit the region south of the Sahara but there is a thriving population in Portugal descended from escapees from captive collections, which I'm all in favour of 👍
53602678753_c715319a41_k.jpg

Ferruginous Duck, male and female, fairly scarce in Spain and Portugal as mostly inhabit Eastern Europe.
53601609267_760c3929a7_k.jpg

I took this photo of black necked swans and cygnets 17 years ago.

7D31CE1C-0A1A-4AA6-B334-739506A9B9E6.jpeg

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back