• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Thanks Morgan Whittaker

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 33
  • Views: Views 4,663
The only good thing about our handling of Whittaker will be if that sell-on clause is true. Whether the Brentford link is true or not, he's looking likely to make a big move at some point and bring us in some decent money.

Excellent footballer and goal scorer. Treated badly here.

Hope some bloke doesn’t tell one of their fans that he’s not a good ‘un,

Nice little pick up there, a case of what could have been with him here.........another Gykores one.

Poor Plymouth are being ripped apart this window.

If only he'd been correctly utilised and we'd used him...

We sure could have done with him this season… we’ve been crying out for a wide man with pace all season

Should never have left us.

Never looked out of place when he did place.

Obvious pick for our RW slot

eteb said:
Should never have left us.

Never looked out of place when he did place.

Obvious pick for our RW slot

Problem is he felt (justifiably I might add) done dirty by both RM and the club as a whole.
He told Duff straight up in pre season that he had no intentions to stay and to be honest if I was him I would have done the same.

bakajack said:
Problem is he felt (justifiably I might add) done dirty by both RM and the club as a whole.
He told Duff straight up in pre season that he had no intentions to stay and to be honest if I was him I would have done the same.

Agree 100%, he was upfront with Duff about his situation and recent history has proved he made absolutely the right decision. Good luck to him.

Was it a million we got from Plymouth for him? If so and we get 2.5m sell on that's only bad business with hindsight because we don't get the full 10m. There is surely no one that wouldn't have snatched at 3.5m for him and there is no way he's worth 10m as Hounslow will soon find out.

He did deserve more of a chance with us, but his face didn't fit with the Russbot and the owners' nonsense last Jan didn't help...but the Bot could still have picked him. We needed someone with pace who could shoot.

The frustrating thing is that how it sounds like Williams likes to play he would have been a perfect fit but it is what it is.

Another gaffe in a long list of Russell Martin costly gaffes

I couldn't stand Russ by the end of his reign; but Whittaker was one I felt I couldn't beat him with my Russ stick.

He never looked like he had enough; nor the go to do enough for us. That was Cooper's days included.

It's going to take a massive shift in his application if he's going to do anything in the PL. Brentford seem to be starting to make the signings we were which will make their slippery slope even slipperier. You can't expect to maintain PL levels signing the likes of Mee, Maupay and Whittaker.

JonTheJack said:
I couldn't stand Russ by the end of his reign; but Whittaker was one I felt I couldn't beat him with my Russ stick.

He never looked like he had enough; nor the go to do enough for us. That was Cooper's days included.

It's going to take a massive shift in his application if he's going to do anything in the PL. Brentford seem to be starting to make the signings we were which will make their slippery slope even slipperier. You can't expect to maintain PL levels signing the likes of Mee, Maupay and Whittaker.

It's not like "never looked like he had enough" was a quality unique to Whittaker during Martin's reign. When he was recalled we'd won 1 game in the last 10 and things wouldn't improve for another couple of months. Half a season elsewhere in the Championship, 13 goals in 26 games and he's supposedly worth 10x what we got for him. We're still looking at his position as an area of real weakness.

The people trying to frame this as a success story for us need to have sit down and a think about who they're trying to kid. It's a disastrous bit of work that the club has to learn from. We've spent big money on youth and most of it is being wasted. Managers stick them in the reserves, never give them chances to learn/improve, and then complain when they don't have enough quality players.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back