• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

State On The Roads

Dreadful everywhere. No council can afford repairs and weather is knackering them

If you spot one, just report it to the council, I reported a rather large pothole the other day, which had been peeing me off for a few days, and fair do's it was done within 24 hours.

My bro-in-law observed the council measuring holes in his road. Any beyond a certain width/depth they painted a white circle around with a spray paint.

Following a quick trip to his local hardware shop and an amble down the road he ensured every hole got a white circle. All were subsequently repaired.

It's quite amusing that virtually the first thing visitors from the UK say to us now is "the roads here are fantastic, not a pothole in sight! Your worst roads are better than our best".

Reactions: K23
It's quite amusing that virtually the first thing visitors from the UK say to us now is "the roads here are fantastic, not a pothole in sight! Your worst roads are better than our best".
I've done a lot of driving miles in Spain during the last decade and I have to agree that the roads are superb. Furthermore, most of those miles have been the Extremadura region which is the least populated part of Spain so it's not just the busy or touristy areas that have the good roads.

Perfect storm. Lack of funding, cars getting bigger and bigger, electric cars much heavier than petrol (smaller models twice the weight).

But mainly lack of funding.

Spain had more than 3 billion Euros of EU funding for road building between 2007 and 2013 and a further 390 million Euros between 2013 and 2020. The lucky b'stards, wouldn't it be good if we could find someway of becoming part of a system that enables you to access that sort of cash. :unsure:

Spain had more than 3 billion Euros of EU funding for road building between 2007 and 2013 and a further 390 million Euros between 2013 and 2020. The lucky b'stards, wouldn't it be good if we could find someway of becoming part of a system that enables you to access that sort of cash. :unsure:
Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving.....

Council funding cut to the bone. It’s only gonna get worse.
They managed to find the money pay for this 20mph nonsense, its a bloody nightmare with the amount of driving I do for work down west all day tomorrow and its horrific.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back