• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ricky Gervais - Armageddon

Niigata Jack said:
I can see why you like him considering the texts you used to send me!

I haven’t said I like him,he’s quite average in my opinion there are far funnier comedians out there.

The Office was a sort of Marmite Show , along side Extras , cringing in parts to watch , but somehow the guests did appear.
David Bowie even turned up on one episode , will dig that up on YouTube later .

Seen some of his live stand up shows on late night C4 tele , switched Channels within minutes of viewing .

I'm as woke as they come and thoroughly enjoyed it, think about it, its the comedian talking not Ricky Gervais the man in real life as he says in the show....too hats

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ricky-gervais-stand-up-comedian-winner-2024-golden-globes-1235781477/amp/

jack123 said:
It seems to me the 'WOKE' fraternity, have a bloody lot to answer for these days. Apart from ruining our lives, what do they exactly do? I may put on my twitter bio now anti-woke, grrr I ferking hate them, what has the world come too? And I consider myself slightly in the middle of politics and agendas. Yes definitely middle of the road me..
Although I must admit, for my sins, I am slightly partial to Nigel Farage, I think it was Brexit leaving speech that did it for me..

Have you looked up the meaning of ‘woke’ yet?

jack123 said:
It seems to me the 'WOKE' fraternity, have a bloody lot to answer for these days. Apart from ruining our lives, what do they exactly do? I may put on my twitter bio now anti-woke, grrr I ferking hate them, what has the world come too? And I consider myself slightly in the middle of politics and agendas. Yes definitely middle of the road me..
Although I must admit, for my sins, I am slightly partial to Nigel Farage, I think it was Brexit leaving speech that did it for me..

Brexit. The only time in the history of the world that a country has imposed sanctions on itself.

Itchysphincter said:
Have you looked up the meaning of ‘woke’ yet?

I looked it up a long time ago, but I really think the meaning of 'WOKE' from the dictionary websites would tell you, has IMO definitely morphed into something else.

I spent quite a bit of time thinking of this, rather than falling asleep trying to watch Fool Me Once on Netflix, and I have come to the conclusion that 'WOKE' is a derogatory term for someone who is like look at me, look at me, I'm a nice person, I am WOKE, and me being WOKE, means ferk you to the people that are not.

So yes, I think the difference of someone being shall we say just nice and caring for EVERYBODY, to someone who describes themselves as WOKE, is that a person who is nice and also caring, thinks of every implication, as in what could happen, by doing a certain action..Where as the 'WOKE' fraternity just don't care? As long as they think they are doing the right thing..

EDIT: And to further add, it's the ideology of the 'WOKE' fraternity that is the problem, they have basically preyed on decent people to support, absolutely silly ideas, like putting a tampax machine in a Gentleman's toilet,just WHY?

But that I know, is just a distraction, from the real agenda.. All I can say is, thank ferk I was born in the 60's.

It might be bollocks - and I certainly don't know the minitiae but I read recently about an exercise where a number of people attended job interviews having previously been made to look disfigured (by make-up artists). Afterwards the candidates were asked whether they felt discriminated against as a result of their disfigurements. By and large they did. They highlighted remarks made by the interviewers, a sense that they were treated poorly, and so on.

Yet just prior to the interviews the make-up artist (while supposedly touching up the "disfigurement") actually removed it. So the candidates entered the interview looking "normal".

The point was that if one expects to be discriminated against then they may perceive that discrimination where none exists.

But yeah, could all be bollocks.

Squarebear said:
It might be bollocks - and I certainly don't know the minitiae but I read recently about an exercise where a number of people attended job interviews having previously been made to look disfigured (by make-up artists). Afterwards the candidates were asked whether they felt discriminated against as a result of their disfigurements. By and large they did. They highlighted remarks made by the interviewers, a sense that they were treated poorly, and so on.

Yet just prior to the interviews the make-up artist (while supposedly touching up the "disfigurement") actually removed it. So the candidates entered the interview looking "normal".

The point was that if one expects to be discriminated against then they may perceive that discrimination where none exists.

But yeah, could all be bollocks.

That sounds very plausible, it's just human nature.

jack123 said:
I looked it up a long time ago, but I really think the meaning of 'WOKE' from the dictionary websites would tell you, has IMO definitely morphed into something else.

I spent quite a bit of time thinking of this, rather than falling asleep trying to watch Fool Me Once on Netflix, and I have come to the conclusion that 'WOKE' is a derogatory term for someone who is like look at me, look at me, I'm a nice person, I am WOKE, and me being WOKE, means ferk you to the people that are not.

So yes, I think the difference of someone being shall we say just nice and caring for EVERYBODY, to someone who describes themselves as WOKE, is that a person who is nice and also caring, thinks of every implication, as in what could happen, by doing a certain action..Where as the 'WOKE' fraternity just don't care? As long as they think they are doing the right thing..

EDIT: And to further add, it's the ideology of the 'WOKE' fraternity that is the problem, they have basically preyed on decent people to support, absolutely silly ideas, like putting a tampax machine in a Gentleman's toilet,just WHY?

But that I know, is just a distraction, from the real agenda.. All I can say is, thank ferk I was born in the 60's.

No then.

Itchysphincter said:

What do you mean no then, I said I looked it up a while ago you header.

Edit: Please say something back, just one of your usual quips, it will be great.. Do you want to know why?, because I am in the mood tonight to tango mush, and I will not put up with any of your nonsense, It's only a one night only offer mind, like tomorrow I just won't care, so go on, go for it..

As I predicted, no reply, ahem can we have a taxi for Mr Itchy please Thank You.

No one who’s “WOKE” describes themselves as “WOKE”. The word “WOKE” is only used as an insult by absolute fucking idiots.

exiledclaseboy said:
No one who’s “WOKE” describes themselves as “WOKE”. The word “WOKE” is only used as an insult by absolute f*****g idiots.

Of course, but IMO the so called woke fraternity have been taken over by other nefarious people..

Yet I would say that some easily led plankton people, have been led astray. :D

And for the record ECB, if someone uses 'woke' as insult, it it is justified, because without going into the nitty gritty, the woke fraternity has been infiltrated by the far left.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back