• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Relegation Fight

Next Saturday is it really. If we cant win that game, tear it all down.
Furthermore I see a kindly logic in something Mon said. If it happens this year, its one less season of suffering this death by a thousand cuts. There's no guarantee we can stop the bleeding in L1 but Rotherham seem to be yo yo-ing and we are better than them, at least at the moment.(Maybe I should have waited a week before typing this)
When we last fell out of the top league(1982/3) it was a quick, more humane process and we were back in the basement by 1986. I honestly didn't care that we were back in Division 4 when we started being competitive again. I cant help thinking that those of you in the most pain still haven't accepted that we are not going back up from the Championship under this ownership.

Last edited:
I cant help thinking that those of you in the most pain still haven't accepted that we are not going back up from the Championship under this ownership.

That can't be right - Andy Coleman said that was our ambition. I heard him so it must be true...

I agree, but tell them, not the press, and sort it out. I hate managers (not just in football) that refuse to take any responsibility for their team’s performance. He has had them in training for months and they look like strangers. No attacking patterns or defensive discipline at all. He cannot simply point his finger. Plus he keeps picking players that are doing this, week after week after week.

They’re not doing what he wants? Make a statement then. Drop Grimes, Fulton, Yates, Paterson etc and give others or some youngsters a chance. The last three games were an ideal opportunity. What does he do? Sits with his thumb up his arse saying everything’s going fine and picking the same old donkeys. QPR should have resulted in a cull of at lest 5 players, not basically the same team.

He’s a manager; manage.
Totally agree with everything you say there, but the burning question would be. Is Grimes droppable?

anyone remember when SgorioFruit was laughed at when Sheehan was in charge and i suggested he stay in charge until end of the season?

Luke's mettle will be demonstrated by his reaction in Wednesday's selection, I agree
Put on some youngsters who have a point to prove instead of those lazy, couldn't give a toss players who we can all name.
If he keeps the majority of that shower in the team for Stoke, I'll have zero sympathy for him.

What is the definition of madness?

Totally agree with everything you say there, but the burning question would be. Is Grimes droppable?
For who? We have seen in certain games that with the right players alongside him he can be a decent championship player. Putting that carthorse Fulton alongside him, or anyone else for that matter, is seriously going to hamper our midfield.

For who? We have seen in certain games that with the right players alongside him he can be a decent championship player. Putting that carthorse Fulton alongside him, or anyone else for that matter, is seriously going to hamper our midfield.
I've said this umpteen times, with Allen alongside him he looks like a completely different player.

anyone remember when SgorioFruit was laughed at when Sheehan was in charge and i suggested he stay in charge until end of the season?
Could have kept Duff if we wanted to watch a team play like Sheehan had them playing.

I think Grimes is a decent championship player, and we don’t have many, so just drop him as captain then. Make a statement that breaks the complacency. Dress it up as ‘to concentrate on making his game more positive’ if he wants to be up front, or just ‘to concentrate on his own game’ if not. If the players on the pitch aren’t doing what the manager wants, the captain must be the first problem to address. Why have a set captain at all? There are 5 games left, pick the captain from the team chosen, making no one safe from dropping or substituting in any selection. Then have a think about what to do next season in the summer.

Williams cannot say this stuff again. He’s on thin ice with it anyway, seeing as he mostly makes no subs at half time when they are playing as he says he doesn’t want (I can’t even remember if there were any yesterday). He said he was satisfied with the QPR performance ffs and it was much the same. If he’s as upset as he said yesterday, he should be hauling at least 3 players off early in the half and humiliating them if they are walking around. He has to show some real balls, not just words and bullshit ‘we have to…’

Same for the players. Move your lazy arses and give your gums a rest.

I’ll believe it when I see it

I think Grimes is a decent championship player, and we don’t have many, so just drop him as captain then. Make a statement that breaks the complacency. Dress it up as ‘to concentrate on making his game more positive’ if he wants to be up front, or just ‘to concentrate on his own game’ if not. If the players on the pitch aren’t doing what the manager wants, the captain must be the first problem to address. Why have a set captain at all? There are 5 games left, pick the captain from the team chosen, making no one safe from dropping or substituting in any selection. Then have a think about what to do next season in the summer.

Williams cannot say this stuff again. He’s on thin ice with it anyway, seeing as he mostly makes no subs at half time when they are playing as he says he doesn’t want (I can’t even remember if there were any yesterday). He said he was satisfied with the QPR performance ffs and it was much the same. If he’s as upset as he said yesterday, he should be hauling at least 3 players off early in the half and humiliating them if they are walking around. He has to show some real balls, not just words and bullshit ‘we have to…’

Same for the players. Move your lazy arses and give your gums a rest.

I’ll believe it when I see it
I get the feeling yesterday was a pivotal moment that will determine whether Williams is going to be a success here or not.

Agree with you about Grimes, remove the weight of being captain and let him concentrate on being himself.

I've referenced this in the last two match reports but if it came down to us needing points to survive in the last two games of the season which of our players would you fancy for the fight (especially amongst those who are fit)

I'll start with none at all.
Darling, Key and Tymon assuming Tymon isn't out injured.

Last edited:
Coming back to the original post, Phil has it about right, you wouldn't trust one of these players in a fight and that's a damning indictment of how piss poor this squad of players is. It's the most dislikeable Swansea squad for going on for 25 years. They should all be absolutely ashamed of themselves at what has happened since the Cardiff game. They're taking the piss out of the club.

I've got absolutely no problem with Luke Williams hanging them out to dry in public yesterday, he's probably wanted to say it out loud for a while and has given them all plenty of opportunities to show him why he shouldn't have done it, I sense a man who's reached the end of his tether with them.

Let's get it right - Duff, Sheehan and now Williams, they can't all be the problem. The dressing room is cancerous, and it needs a clear out. I just hope we're in the Championship next season to do it, and not L1.

My concern with a relegation fight is that none of players have any fight in them.

We are better than Millwall and Rotherham

Nothing personal against you here mate as you're by no means alone in making statements like this, but who are we to think like this?

We're absolute shite, we've been firmly entrenched in the bottom third of the division all season long, we have no right to think like this. The statement may well have a small ring of truth to it but I don't think we've got any right to say it out loud, because we are that bad a football team right now that we could easily lose the last 5 matches.

The really worrying thing is, I sense this kind of complacency on our manager and players too - didn't LW give an interview this week saying he's not been worried about relegation since he arrived because we have "too much quality", apparently? Scary.

Nothing personal against you here mate as you're by no means alone in making statements like this, but who are we to think like this?

We're absolute shite, we've been firmly entrenched in the bottom third of the division all season long, we have no right to think like this. The statement may well have a small ring of truth to it but I don't think we've got any right to say it out loud, because we are that bad a football team right now that we could easily lose the last 5 matches.

The really worrying thing is, I sense this kind of complacency on our manager and players too - didn't LW give an interview this week saying he's not been worried about relegation since he arrived because we have "too much quality", apparently? Scary.
Yeah, true, who knows. They need to go out and prove it, and very soon.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back