• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Nathan Wood WoL Star Man

Itchysphincter

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
v Morcambe.

The definition of average. Three or four strides in to midfield under no pressure and always looking for a square ball to his left or backwards. A complete inability to look right must leave players like Abdulaih broken. So slow of thought and movement that as soon as he is lightly pressed he starts doing 360’s and falls over his own feet….. and that’s against a struggling L2 side,

I couldn't believe the newspaper ratings either. I know he's rusty after a long lay off, but I thought on several occasions he almost dropped us right in it by dithering on the ball or trying to be clever when an easy out ball was available.
Isn't his contract up in the summer? In which case, we've lost the chance to make big bucks on him, and should try and get a couple of mill in this window before he walks for nothing.

Itchysphincter said:
v Morcambe.

The definition of average. Three or four strides in to midfield under no pressure and always looking for a square ball to his left or backwards. A complete inability to look right must leave players like Abdulaih broken. So slow of thought and movement that as soon as he is lightly pressed he starts doing 360’s and falls over his own feet….. and that’s against a struggling L2 side,

Patino MOM for me most of our positive play came from him!

Anyone see wood get himself a yellow card when he was on the sidelines and kicked a second ball onto the pitch whilst the Morecambe player was trying to take a throw in, he did it in order to delay the game. Totally unprofessional.

Pegojack said:
I couldn't believe the newspaper ratings either. I know he's rusty after a long lay off, but I thought on several occasions he almost dropped us right in it by dithering on the ball or trying to be clever when an easy out ball was available.
Isn't his contract up in the summer? In which case, we've lost the chance to make big bucks on him, and should try and get a couple of mill in this window before he walks for nothing.

Terrible decision by the club not to have accepted a bid for him in the summer.

Yeah I saw him knock one of the spare balls off the little stand things onto the pitch to time waste.
Good spot by the ref/lino to be fair.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Anyone see wood get himself a yellow card when he was on the sidelines and kicked a second ball onto the pitch whilst the Morecambe player was trying to take a throw in, he did it in order to delay the game. Totally unprofessional.
It would have been completely professional if he had stopped a throw in that would have given them an absolute advantage but it just wasnt on, Pointless booking.

He nearly got caught in positions a few times and that would have cost us in a league game. He did that one bursting run which looked great but Darling did loads of those in the past.

He was at best ok against a team that didn't threaten.
I hope Russ takes Wales online serious and comes in with another bid.
Probably a lower one.

It was very encouraging he tried to do it. If Lukey wants him and (I think, better) Darling and Bashir to do that and own that space and get someone in midfield to do the same (when the Grimester came on last night he already looked more positive) then that will be a massive step forward over anything we've seen for a few years. That in utself would up the pace and intent as we would be going forward and space created. Second half, after Williams' intervention looked to have more shape on it in terms of forward momentum. Before that we simply played in front of them while they watched and by christ we've seen enough of that.

I think it's obvious that we really need better players in some positions than we have if he is to pull any rabbits out of the hat in the next couple of seasons. That said, I do think we will be competitive in almost all matches even with the current crop, but only if the hard coded passive and walking football in a lot of players can be de-programmed.

I'm not quite on the same hate train as most seemingly are when it comes to Wood. Still pretty raw and needs plenty of coaching, but there's a decent player in there. Him bringing the ball out the way he does SHOULD be a very effective attribute for this team. I'm sure I remember a few times last season where he made it to the opposition penalty area; That we often screw up those opportunities is not all down to him.

He was ok yesteday. Nowhere near being the 'star man' though. He wasn't awful either.

I think Woods biggest problem is he thinks he's better than Championship standard, I've seen little to convince me he's correct

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back