• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Nathan Wood Signs Contract Extension

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 1,077
Don't care if I'm in a minority, but this is a good thing. He's a good/great defender at this level, young, and pretty valuable. People will moan about him stopping and putting his foot on the ball, but then neglect how well he gets us out of tight spaces or breaks the press by running with the ball

Be interesting to see if a new long-term contract gets sorted now. We probably don't want to be in another Manning scenario this time next year.

Great news. Massive potential, very strong now and will only get better. He’s getting a great education from us and hopefully a win-win further down the line.

Don't care if I'm in a minority, but this is a good thing. He's a good/great defender at this level, young, and pretty valuable. People will moan about him stopping and putting his foot on the ball, but then neglect how well he gets us out of tight spaces or breaks the press by running with the ball
He’s playing in the one position in this set up where you can’t hide. For the youngest player in the ‘core’ of the team, he’s put others to shame.

Extension serves three purposes:

1. It demonstrates to other clubs that we want to keep him which strengthens our bargaining position
2. It gives longer left on his contract which strengthens our bargaining position for an England u21 defender
3. It gives us time to negotiate a longer term contract if we do wish to do so that would suit both parties

Suggests he isn't willing to sign a new contract. Activating the existing extension clause a given in that case.

Still think he'll be off in the summer, this way we'll get some poke for him...

LW says he has everything... he clearly doesn't
He mentions that he's nearly a top player with a little way to go.

The point he made about his decision making and always being at it for every minute is plain to see for everyone. The lad needs to think quicker when he has the ball, he's too ponderous and it is holding himself and the team back.

Couldn't care less if he naffed off. I'd prefer Cabango to him of the two (yes, of course I'd prefer better than both). This is a good move though or he'd walk for nothing. Hopefully talk him up big, get his agent on the case and sell him pronto.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back