• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Let's be fair to Steve

Toronto_Motors

First Team Player
Reaction score
He seems to have united the club ,at least fans who are pig sick of this utter jerk killing our players stone dead and squashing our dreams in the process.
Ive never witnessed a game whereby a game was lost almost entirely due to manager's incompetence . Indefensible. We are all agreed ,I think.

It' truly hard not to look at Steve and not throw up on the spot.I had to get out and take a long walk to vent my spleen.

Leeds are good but will get destroyed in the Prem as will all the clubs who go up.

Quite what Tate is doing baffles me and Marsh is anonymous as should be Steve.

If they is a God ,please take Steve,anywhere will do.

We can progress but not with this jerk

I haven't done the maths on the financial impact of Swans getting back to the PL but it strikes me the investment required would be huge. I'm not sure whether the Sky money would be enough to build a competitive PL team (I'm sure the lovely PS folks will tell me!) but given how inept some of our recent performances have been (Luton being the prime example) I'm left seriously wondering if our illustrious owners actually WANT to get promoted.

Is Coops doing it on purpose/following instructions?

Toronto_Motors said:
He seems to have united the club ,at least fans who are pig sick of this utter jerk killing our players stone dead and squashing our dreams in the process.
Ive never witnessed a game whereby a game was lost almost entirely due to manager's incompetence . Indefensible. We are all agreed ,I think.

It' truly hard not to look at Steve and not throw up on the spot.I had to get out and take a long walk to vent my spleen.

Leeds are good but will get destroyed in the Prem as will all the clubs who go up.

Quite what Tate is doing baffles me and Marsh is anonymous as should be Steve.

If they is a God ,please take Steve,anywhere will do.

We can progress but not with this jerk

There's no certainty that Leeds will get destroyed in the Premier league. It depends on their recruitment and Bielsa is no fool.

Sheffield United were going to struggle to get 10 points according to the experts.

J_B said:
Sheffield United were going to struggle to get 10 points according to the experts.

As were we when we went up. It's lazy analysis void of any nuance or actual thought.

There's absolutely no reason why a promoted club can't survive given good coaching and savvy acquisitions, and there never has been. Given Bielsa in charge Leeds have got as good a chance as any.

Dr. Winston said:
J_B said:

As were we when we went up. It's lazy analysis void of any nuance or actual thought.

There's absolutely no reason why a promoted club can't survive given good coaching and savvy acquisitions, and there never has been. Given Bielsa in charge Leeds have got as good a chance as any.

You're surprised this particular poster is guilty of lazy / clueless analysis?

BanosSwan said:
Dr. Winston said:
J_B said:

This poster has posted an opinion.Like it ,fine,like it not fine also.Any problem so far?

There is no evidence nor any analysis that would see Leeds Utd NOT relegated. Leeds are not as straightforward as Sheff Utd considering their ownership. They would have to see massive investment to even tread water and investment is an interesting concept if you analyse their recent history.

In the final analysis,who really cares.Feeling are pretty raw with our fanbase and it' entirely unsurprising.

legoman said:
I haven't done the maths on the financial impact of Swans getting back to the PL but it strikes me the investment required would be huge. I'm not sure whether the Sky money would be enough to build a competitive PL team (I'm sure the lovely PS folks will tell me!) but given how inept some of our recent performances have been (Luton being the prime example) I'm left seriously wondering if our illustrious owners actually WANT to get promoted.

This may not be a popular opinion but if we got promoted I wouldn't spend any serious money trying to build a squad to stay there, I would use it to stabilise the club and ensure that when we come back down we come back down in a considerably better position than last time around and then build a good squad capable of competing at the top end of the division. It has worked before for other sides and it can work again but to go up and try and throw money at it would just be wrong IMO

BanosSwan said:
Dr. Winston said:
J_B said:

I’ll be honest here.
I’d ban him now because it’ll only end in tears.
I love Philip Sumbler to bits,he’s my friend and he’s rarely wrong,he’s wrong on this one though. Starting up a brand new forum and allowing this piece of scum on here is utter madness.

PSumbler said:
legoman said:

This may not be a popular opinion but if we got promoted I wouldn't spend any serious money trying to build a squad to stay there, I would use it to stabilise the club and ensure that when we come back down we come back down in a considerably better position than last time around and then build a good squad capable of competing at the top end of the division. It has worked before for other sides and it can work again but to go up and try and throw money at it would just be wrong IMO

I would always want us to be playing at the highest level possible but ,in the cold light of dawn,promotion with this lot would be disastrous as we would be humiliated weekly,IMO as they dont have the money nor nouse to see us progress. It's profoundly sad. It really is a case of them selling asap and to whom is the biggest decision to be made ever in our club.

PSumbler said:
legoman said:

Once bitten, twice shy.

Looking back I wish we gave James, Oli, Garrick etc a chance while we were in the premier league. Easy for me to say now, at the time I was angry when we weren't strengthening and investing money in certain positions, but I don't want to see us in this state again.

Risc said:
PSumbler said:
legoman said:

Once bitten, twice shy.

Looking back I wish we gave James, Oli, Garrick etc a chance while we were in the premier league. Easy for me to say now, at the time I was angry when we weren't strengthening and investing money in certain positions, but I don't want to see us in this state again.

James only emerged mid way through last season and Ollie towards the end of the season before at Championship level.
Garrick was no where near ready (still isn't but has potential).

Badlands said:
Risc said:
PSumbler said:

Once bitten, twice shy.

James only emerged mid way through last season and Ollie towards the end of the season before at Championship level.
Garrick was no where near ready (still isn't but has potential).

James pace, for a side struggling down the bottom and having to try and catch sides on break would have been priceless. Despite his age and inexperience I refuse to believe he wouldn't have been a better option than Dyer etc off the bench. McBurnie wasn't as far behind Tammy as people say either, would rather develop one of our own on reflection.

You're right about Garrick though, not a good example.

PSumbler said:
legoman said:

Thats exactly what I would do Phil as it would as you say stabilise the club.

But I dont think out inglorious barstards would though.

We'd have to spend at least £30m to try and have a go at surviving, but even with that we'd need to be able to play in a way that consistently gets better out of the team than you might expect from the indiviual players, as we did last time. Doubt many people have much faith in Cooper to achieve that.

Risc said:

Definitely with James. He comes on scores on his professional debut and then we don't see him for the rest of the season... :?:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back