• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Glamorgan Cricket Fans

Neath_Jack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Not sure if this is news, or even if it's much cop, but here you go...

https://www.npt.gov.uk/1410?pr_id=7074&fbclid=IwAR3gz69NVwCgfS53FX16E2tw8XlWgOmKW3c4NDMONDlC4q4k_Cc0it_JgcM

That’s excellent news for Neath. The Gnoll always used to be a great place to watch cricket. No idea what’s it’s like there now but I might go to one of these games.

If I’m being pedantic though (and I will be cos that’s how I roll) two limited overs games does not constitute first class cricket. First class matches are multi day so in this country the County Championship or Test matches. Domestic one day games and ODIs are List A. Just saying. :D

Another kick in the bolloxs for St Helens, its been left to rot by SCC, just build student flats on the plot and make Swansea RFC play at the University ground...

This is good, but isn't news. The fixture list was out yonks ago.
But Neath in the spotlight for something positive 👍🏏

exiledclaseboy said:
That’s excellent news for Neath. The Gnoll always used to be a great place to watch cricket. No idea what’s it’s like there now but I might go to one of these games.

If I’m being pedantic though (and I will be cos that’s how I roll) two limited overs games does not constitute first class cricket. First class matches are multi day so in this country the County Championship or Test matches. Domestic one day games and ODIs are List A. Just saying. :D

One of my favourite days ever watching Glammy was at the Gnoll against the Australians in 1985 (I think)

Javed Miandad scored 200, Younis Ahmed 100-odd, Glammy knocked up 400 in a day for maybe 3 (I think again)

And halfway through the day we were watching around the nets as some of the Glammy players not in the side were practicing and got to have a bowl at John Hopkins

Superb days

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:

One of my favourite days ever watching Glammy was at the Gnoll against the Australians in 1985 (I think)

Javed Miandad scored 200, Younis Ahmed 100-odd, Glammy knocked up 400 in a day for maybe 3 (I think again)

And halfway through the day we were watching around the nets as some of the Glammy players not in the side were practicing and got to have a bowl at John Hopkins

Superb days

And the next 3 days were washed out :lol:

Swanjaxs said:
PSumbler said:

Superb days

And the next 3 days were washed out :lol:

They were indeed

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Superb days

409/3 off 91 overs. And that was a proper first class match. Terrible Australia team that year mind. Even 1985 England hammered them.

exiledclaseboy said:
PSumbler said:

Superb days

409/3 off 91 overs. And that was a proper first class match. Terrible Australia team that year mind. Even 1985 England hammered them.

I'm sure Craig McDermott opened the bowling for the Aussies that day.

Swanjaxs said:
exiledclaseboy said:

And Jeff Thomson was in the side.

Swanjaxs said:
exiledclaseboy said:

He did. Didn’t take a wicket though. Extra points if you can name the Aussie bowler who took the three Glamorgan wickets that day without googling it. I know the answer cos I’ve already googled it. :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
Swanjaxs said:

He did. Didn’t take a wicket though. Extra points if you can name the Aussie bowler who took the three Glamorgan wickets that day without googling it. I know the answer cos I’ve already googled it. :lol:

Terry Alderman?

Swanjaxs said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Terry Alderman?

Nope. Didn’t play. I doubt you’ll get it to be honest I’d almost forgotten this bloke existed and I was obssseed with cricket back then. Still am really. He’s so unknown he’s probably forgotten he exists.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back