• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Bands or artists you just don't get

Ultravox, Depeche Mode, Status Quo, Cheap Trick...sure there are many more...

Rolling Stones
Take That
Coldplay
Style council

All shite

Pink Floyd
Muse
The Cure
The Cult
Manics.

Now while i list those, apart from Muse I do like some of the stuff they've done. I just don't get the adulation they have had over the years.

In amongst the odd tidy song, I find most of the rest of their stuff absolute shite.

Professor said:
Ebo said:
I prefer latter Radiohead to old Radiohead. OK computer onwards that is.

There are lots of bands out there who never got the commercial success yet influenced bands that got that success. Bands like Grandaddy, Flaming Lips, Super Furry Animals, Elliott Smith, Cocteau Twins. Critically acclaimed but never got the real success they deserved.

The Cocteau Twins were one of my favourite bands in the 1980s, though less keen on the post-4AD stuff. Indirectly got me into Big Star via the first 'This Mortal Coil" LP. Liz Frazer's version of Roy Harper's 'Another Day' on that is amazing. I'm also of the school of "Pet Sounds' though like the Beatles too. And the Stones for good measure.

I’m good mates with Simon Raymonde. Runs Bella Union label and manages Penelope Isles these days.

Professor said:
legoman said:
Also don't get Pulp, Libertines or (puts on hard hat) Manics and Stereophonics.

The Libertines have grown on me. Did not 'get it' at the time. Quite like Pulp and the Manics, but certainly find the Stereophonics (other than their 1st album) very dull. If they were from Stoke not Aberdare (Cwmamman) not sure their popularity in South Wales would hold.

I could tell you a few things about them which I can’t post on here. Things Stuart told me personally. I grew up with him.

Saw R.E.M Cardiff in 1995, they were dire, completely blown off stage by the Cranberries and Del Amitri.

This forum is going downhill. Morons commentating on the Stones and Beatles comparing Oasis and the Smiths friggin slipknot. Take your heads for a shite.

KrunchyKarrot said:
This forum is going downhill. Morons commentating on the Stones and Beatles comparing Oasis and the Smiths friggin slipknot. Take your heads for a shite.
Thanks for your input.👍

Darran said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

Well said Krunch.

NO probs, again for all you muso's out there check out Homeskoolin by Tom Bukovac the session man extraordinaire. that will be on the youtubey thingy,

Stuart21 said:
Saw R.E.M Cardiff in 1995, they were dire, completely blown off stage by the Cranberries and Del Amitri.

They were. The Cranberries were awful too. Really disliked her voice, god rest her soul. REM are also the best band I have seen live. Was a big disappointment that day.

Radiohead - Lost it after The Bends. First two albums were great. Everything from OK Computer onwards a bit dull.

Sterophonics - Can't say I ever listen to anything released after Performance & Cocktails, and that came out more than 20 years ago.

Elvis Presley - Kudos for being firstish I guess. Otherwise there are thousands of much better singers and performers than him. Most of them didn't diddle kids either.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back