• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 The Official Birmingham City vs Swansea City Match Thread

The season's first crashing back down to earth. don't expect it to be the last. Onwards and upwards!

In fairness to the Brummies they pressed well and Chong was causing us all kind of difficulties. Our final pass into the box wasn’t good enough but again they defended well.

Too tired to write it out again, so I’ll just copy and paste what I said on t’other site

Swansea support was incredible again, Brum mate of mine said it was the noisiest he’d seen all year.

Enjoyed the game, entertaining match.
We looked tired, not surprised as 3 tough matches in 6 days with a small squad.
Brum deserved the win, we could have nicked a draw.
Happy with the progress, enjoying our football.
Reinforcements to arrive in Jan.
Playoffs in reach.

Far better than last year despite the results.

On another point, I watched 4 matches this year.

Preston, Blackburn, Huddersfield and Birmingham.

Trying to work out the common denominator

See you at the Blackpool match

Was very frustrated on the way back but the above poster has put it into a bit of decent context.
None of ours really had a decent game. Pato and Laird in particular need to get some recovery in over the next week, put the excitement of the last week behind them and go again.

Yes I’d hoped we’d push on in the second half but we just folded when we came out. Could have nicked a draw which would have been a real smash and grab. Comes back to Laudrup’s Law again. No point in having 72% possession if you’re going to do nothing with it. The shots tally was far more telling.

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/10/24/birmingham-city-boss-praises-the-swans-goal-but-looks-back-ruefully-and-declares-we-should-have-scored-more/

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/10/24/russell-martin-says-the-swans-could-not-match-the-energy-of-birmingham-city-and-looks-at-tired-decision-making/

We have to use largely the same players as we haven’t got much strength in depth and Obafemi has been injured so playing three games in six days whilst our opponents played three in eight days becomes a relevant factor.

karnataka said:
Richard said:
Totally agree. We gave away the ball too often today. A lot of their chances came from our mistakes.

Don't know what our pass completion stats were today (or where to find them) but I'm pretty sure we were well below the standards we've set ourselves in recent weeks. The number of times I was watching the game and kept thinking ' How have they got the ball again?'

Flashscore is a pretty good site for stats like that, although you have to work out the percentages yourself. 431/539 passes were successful, this equates to 79.96% a little lower than we have become accustomed to of late, Brums workrate I suspect caused us issues on that front. What is more frustrating is that their completed pass rate was 49.75% (101/203) yet they scored against us twice & should have scored more. Possession another one was 28% v 72%

No excuses today though, they did a good job on us. Week until the next game so dust ourselves off and onto Peterborough.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back