• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Yates and Lowe

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Just got back from Coventry, these 2 players piss me off more and more I see of them, awful.

A bit harsh on Lowe. It was his run which earned the last minute free kick.
I'm afraid Yates is out of his depth at this level. Not his fault, blame the idiots who decided to spend good money on him to placate fans distraught at Piroe being sold.

Pegojack said:
I'm afraid Yates is out of his depth at this level. Not his fault, blame the idiots who decided to spend good money on him to placate fans distraught at Piroe being sold.

Well he got 14 in the championship for relegated Blackpool last season so I don’t think he’s out of his depth, let’s be honest about it Harry Kane would struggle in this side with the lack of service, don’t really remember Yates missing any real sitters this season.

Pegojack said:

Did the same when they sold Flynn Downes and thought bringing Joe Allen back would have made things good. Another terrible piece of business.

Copamundial said:
Well he got 14 in the championship for relegated Blackpool last season so I don’t think he’s out of his depth, let’s be honest about it Harry Kane would struggle in this side with the lack of service, don’t really remember Yates missing any real sitters this season.

In context 7 of those Blackpool goals came in a crazy 3 week spell when he was playing out wide rather than centre forward, and another 5 were in the last 6 games of the season 3 of which were penalties. Long barren spells and a far worse goals per minute rate in both his previous Championship seasons than Cullen had last term.

Harry Kane a strange comparison to make given how he drops in, links play and makes his own chances. Can have quiet games but usually comes up with something. Yates has been put clean through and messed up his touch on multiple occasions. Not got the pace or strength to hold off recovering defenders when he does get it right.

Copamundial said:
He’s missed a few easier chances and Southampton to put us 1-0 up was a prime example.

I agree with OP but imo you can't single out just those two.

Tymon is an awful player, terrible signing.

The Ukraine boy, dreadful, carthorse, reminds me of Pawel Abbott.

Bolasie is a joke. I reckon he's fatter than me and I've put on a stone with Xmas chocolate.

Pedersen - is he even alive?

Humphreys - hot and cold

The only players from the summer who've done themselves proud is Key and Rushworth (but he's only on loan so we'll have to send him back eventually).

Let's be honest the summer window was a load of old crap. £8m spunked on 90% dross.

Andrew - North Hill said:

Bolasie is a joke. I reckon he's fatter than me and I've put on a stone with Xmas chocolate.

Humphreys - hot and cold

The only players from the summer who've done themselves proud is Key and Rushworth (but he's only on loan so we'll have to send him back eventually).

Let's be honest the summer window was a load of old crap. £8m spunked on 90% dross.

Where has this £8million figure come from? I'm not being provocative or trying to wind you up, it's just most of the deals in the Summer were undisclosed and I've seen this figure being banded about on Twitter/X too, so would be good to know where it's come from and how it is broken down if you don't mind / have a link which explains it - cheers!

SwanseaSleuth said:
Where has this £8million figure come from? I'm not being provocative or trying to wind you up, it's just most of the deals in the Summer were undisclosed and I've seen this figure being banded about on Twitter/X too, so would be good to know where it's come from and how it is broken down if you don't mind / have a link which explains it - cheers!

Several people, on and offline, whose views I respect greatly (and who are far more inclined than I am to go and actually do the digging to find these things out) have all broadly arrived at the same £8m figure, so that’s good enough for me.

Humphreys - hot and cold

Yeah the last window was a pile of shit. Yates is next to useless for us. Loan him out to a league two side to build up his confidence in January.

Lowe for me seriously lacks any effort and just strolls around constantly giving away possession he’s half the player he was from his 1st spell, Yates for 2.5M let’s just say no more.

Humphreys - hot and cold

Tymon isnt an awful player just isnt the standard we wanted. The Ukrainian boy is not dreadful, ask Hearts fans. He needs regular starts but there are players ahead of him. Bolasie is an immense player and has shown his different class but we are a very critical audience and any mistake he makes is going to put under the microscope because we expect a £25 million pound player. Humphreys is an enigma and he plays like he may do for Chelsea youth but we have other options available. Not sure what to say about Pederson as he had his best game for us then he got injured.
Key is the highlight of the new signings.

I will be more than a bit miffed if we spend £2m on Yates and then offload Cullen to Hull for a knockdown figure.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back