• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Work in the summer

Why do we waste so much on crappy loan players rather than using our own? Sagoe ffs, what was the point of that? Humphreys? Bloody Ashby was shit from the start.

Why do we waste so much on crappy loan players rather than using our own? Sagoe ffs, what was the point of that? Humphreys? Bloody Ashby was shit from the start.
This model of loaning players has failed.

Surely they need to take a different approach and start looking towards developing our own players and signing first teams players that are going to be around for years to come or until they show a glimpse of potential and we sell them to the first club that flutters its eyelids.

It would be interesting to know the figure we've spent on loaning signings since being in the Championship. The fee's along with wages etc.....

Never going to achieve anything with any of those out of contract players. The only reason I'd want to keep Allen is because my heart would rule my brain.

Rushworth is going to be an England international if he carries on at this rate. As much as I would like to see him stay, it may make more sense to find our own Rushworth on a permanent basis.
If we’re both on the same wavelength money wise, I’d give Naughton another year.
We could play him anywhere outfield and he’ll give you an almost certain 7/10.
Similar with Pato but with Walsh and Allen, we simply aren’t getting our monies worth unfortunately. Time to move on there.

Key could make the step up, Ashby couldn’t make the step down.
Homework is key (no pun intended)

If we’re both on the same wavelength money wise, I’d give Naughton another year.
We could play him anywhere outfield and he’ll give you an almost certain 7/10.
Similar with Pato but with Walsh and Allen, we simply aren’t getting our monies worth unfortunately. Time to move on there.
I'm hoping the owners have some ambition and are looking to replace with better. If not then I can see an argument for Naughton and Paterson.

You'd think I'd know better than to trust this lot to do the right thing.

Don’t see Walsh or Allen being offered new deals, Fulton will replace one of them next season being a regular on the bench, Azeem possibly being brought in to his natural central position as well, on top of CMs we will be after, Pato, Lowe, Naughton & Placheta would be great squad options but apart from Naughton I can’t see any of them accepting bit part roles from the bench.

For me, the three essentials are a new keeper, a hardworking, attack minded central midfielder and a 20 goals a season striker. If we can bring those onboard, I feel we would have enough in the current squad and youngsters to achieve a top half finish, or even be near the play offs.

Given how much we spent in the last 2 windows and the unlikelihood of many of our players being targeted as well the strong end to season, I don't see there being wholesale changes despite the loans going back. Our team could conceivably be:

Fisher (or another loan)

Tymon
Cabango
Darling
Key

Ginnelly
Grimes
Cooper (needs a big season)
Fulton (need better)
Ronald

Cullen (need a more physical striker)

Bench:
Watts
Wood
Naughton (new 1 Yr deal)
Paterson (new 1 Yr deal)
Abdulai
Govea
Parker
Yates (need better)

Surely going to be pushed out:
Pedersen
Kuharevych
Walsh
Sagoe
Patino
Humphreys
Ashby
Rushworth (unfortunately)

In the balance:
Allen
Placheta
Lowe

Youngsters there or there abouts who need loans away:
Thomas
Cotterill
Congreve
Wilson
Nzingo
Cadogan

Last edited:
Not saying I'd be happy with that by the way. But that that is conceivable.

I see all the loans end May and contracted June.
Think renewal of any out of contracts will be decided as late as possible depending on what we can afford to bring in.
Unless Luke has a strong desire to retain any of them.

I don't think anyone is underestimating the size of the potential rebuild here.
We've gradually eroded the quality of the squad by having to continuously sell our assets.
Through the failings of the recruitment team (or lack of) we have failed to replace the outgoings with adequate replacements.
The situation on the field has taken some of the heat off Paul Watson for the time being. He's about to oversee this rebuild.
Do I trust him? No.
Do I have any faith in him to oversee this squad rebuild. No.

Well we know the reason why humpreys/ashby were bought in as we were playing 5 at the back and duff wanted 2 players in each position. No one was complaining when they were bought in as they were seen by many as promising players with bright futures. Not sure blame can be laid at anyones door there.

Well we know the reason why humpreys/ashby were bought in as we were playing 5 at the back and duff wanted 2 players in each position. No one was complaining when they were bought in as they were seen by many as promising players with bright futures. Not sure blame can be laid at anyones door there.
Agree with all of that. When Duff came in he would have said how he wanted to play and it would have been Coleman's and Watson's collective responsibility to bring in players to cater to his formation.

One of the best things that Williams did was ditching the back 3 idea after 4 or 5 games when it became clear we simply do not have the personnel for it. A consequence of that is that many of the players brought in to the club on loan became unnecessary, unfortunately it was way too late in the window by then for us to do anything about it.

While Duff was absolutely the wrong fit for us I do also have to feel a little sorry for him, a number of the players brought in for him suffered serious mid to long term injuries very early on. Ginnelly is the obvious one, he picked up a knock in preseason that delayed him getting up to full sharpness and the game where it all clicked for him he was kicked off the park and ended up with a season ending injury after barely two months of the season.

Key similarly suffered a mid term injury as did Allen, Walsh, (allegedly) Kukharevych, Ashby, Patino to name just a few. He was never able to field a full strength settled side and so whatever his tactical game plan was we were never able to see it. We had to make do with hopeful aimless long ball strategies with no player physically suited to that style of play.

Agree with all of that. When Duff came in he would have said how he wanted to play and it would have been Coleman's and Watson's collective responsibility to bring in players to cater to his formation.

One of the best things that Williams did was ditching the back 3 idea after 4 or 5 games when it became clear we simply do not have the personnel for it. A consequence of that is that many of the players brought in to the club on loan became unnecessary, unfortunately it was way too late in the window by then for us to do anything about it.

While Duff was absolutely the wrong fit for us I do also have to feel a little sorry for him, a number of the players brought in for him suffered serious mid to long term injuries very early on. Ginnelly is the obvious one, he picked up a knock in preseason that delayed him getting up to full sharpness and the game where it all clicked for him he was kicked off the park and ended up with a season ending injury after barely two months of the season.

Key similarly suffered a mid term injury as did Allen, Walsh, (allegedly) Kukharevych, Ashby, Patino to name just a few. He was never able to field a full strength settled side and so whatever his tactical game plan was we were never able to see it. We had to make do with hopeful aimless long ball strategies with no player physically suited to that style of play.
I might have felt a bit sorry for Duff too, if it wasn't for the fact he:

• Told the fans the derby shouldn't matter, then went and lost the fixture a few days later
  • Mocked the club for being stuck in the past with its passing football philosophy
  • Spent his first couple of press conferences and interviews denigrating his predecessor (as an etiquette thing, you just don't do it, you smile nicely & play the game)
  • Bollocked the players at West Brom for the "crime" of trying to keep the ball when we were getting pasted
  • Tried to pass off the draw at QPR as a "win on xG" - embarrassing
  • Talked a good game about "front foot, high tempo" then delivered the slowest, most cumbersome mess since Paul Clement's last season
  • Refused to put down roots in the area
Can't blame the guy for taking the job when offered, but when he got here he didn't help himself at all. Zero sympathy from me - if he'd limped on in to the new year he'd have relegated us.

I might have felt a bit sorry for Duff too, if it wasn't for the fact he:

• Told the fans the derby shouldn't matter, then went and lost the fixture a few days later
  • Mocked the club for being stuck in the past with its passing football philosophy
  • Spent his first couple of press conferences and interviews denigrating his predecessor (as an etiquette thing, you just don't do it, you smile nicely & play the game)
  • Bollocked the players at West Brom for the "crime" of trying to keep the ball when we were getting pasted
  • Tried to pass off the draw at QPR as a "win on xG" - embarrassing
  • Talked a good game about "front foot, high tempo" then delivered the slowest, most cumbersome mess since Paul Clement's last season
  • Refused to put down roots in the area
Can't blame the guy for taking the job when offered, but when he got here he didn't help himself at all. Zero sympathy from me - if he'd limped on in to the new year he'd have relegated us.
I'm not saying that I am disappointed he is gone, it was apparent fairly soon into his tenure that he wasn't the right fit for us. Doesn't mean that he wouldn't have semi valid reasons for why we didn't perform, it wasn't only about tactics (or his lack of it) but his lacking the personnel that he presumably had at least some input even if only on a positional level would have been a fair one.

Especially Ginnelly who was a real handful in the game where he got injured.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back