• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Womens Cricket England India

Swanjaxs said:
What happened?

England were nine down with about 17 needed to win. India bowler mankaded the non striker. No warning, and she wasn’t even taking the piss. Very very poor.

exiledclaseboy said:
Swanjaxs said:
What happened?

England were nine down with about 17 needed to win. India bowler mankaded the non striker. No warning, and she wasn’t even taking the piss. Very very poor.

Bad show, If I was Amy Jones I would have instructed my side not to shake hands or even acknowledge the Indian players after that...

exiledclaseboy said:
Swanjaxs said:
What happened?

That's shocking fuking hell, batswoman is a tad out of order but it's mostly a normal practice these days, especially in limited overs Cricket.

You can fit my knowledge of cricket on a postage stamp but even I know you don't do this, epecially to win such a close game

But wasn't the batswoman trying to gain an advantage by advancing up the wicket before the ball had actually been bowled? Good for the goose etc?

I'm not any anyway a cricket fan, saw it all over twits this morning.

Neath_Jack said:
But wasn't the batswoman trying to gain an advantage by advancing up the wicket before the ball had actually been bowled? Good for the goose etc?

She won't be so keen to steal a march again that's for sure, but its poor sportsmanship for any bowler to do what India's bowler did, even if its in the rules.

Niigata Jack said:
Neath_Jack said:

She won't be so keen to steal a march again that's for sure, but its poor sportsmanship for any bowler to do what India's bowler did, even if its in the rules.

But it's okay for the batswoman to pinch a couple of yards? That's what I'm struggling with, what's the difference between the two? We always used to do that when we played as kids.

Neath_Jack said:
Niigata Jack said:

But it's okay for the batswoman to pinch a couple of yards? That's what I'm struggling with, what's the difference between the two? We always used to do that when we played as kids.

I believe the unwritten rule is that the bowler is supposed to warn the batsman that a mankad is coming if they think they're taking the piss. There was no warning on this occasion.

Bit like a team putting the ball out in football for an injury and the other team keeping the ball and scoring from subsequent throw-in (think Arsenal did it in the FA Cup once). Within the rules, but a bit of a dick move.

Neath_Jack said:
Niigata Jack said:

No its not or it shouldn't be, but the bowler could have stopped and give a warning I suppose, I don't think it would have changed the result of the game, the bowler was entitled to do what she did at the end of the day.

JackSomething said:
Neath_Jack said:

I believe the unwritten rule is that the bowler is supposed to warn the batsman that a mankad is coming if they think they're taking the piss. There was no warning on this occasion.

Bit like a team putting the ball out in football for an injury and the other team keeping the ball and scoring from subsequent throw-in (think Arsenal did it in the FA Cup once). Within the rules, but a bit of a dick move.

Still not getting it. So the batswoman can take the piss a few times by stealing a yard or two, and is expected to be warned about it first? Definitely not for me that. I used to hate when an oppo player goes down and our players start fannying about with it before knocking it into touch. The "injured" player invariably get's back up and starts sprinting about. F*ck em, keep going.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back