• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Williams: "I feel like I am saying the same thing every week"

You can rightly give Fulton pellets but you mentioned the real problem at this club and who is the elephant in the room- it’s Grimes.

He single-handedly slows play down and watching the two CB’s , Fulton and Grimes knock it around between themselves while Ronald is dying of cold on the wing tells us that his time should be up here. I don’t care if all managers over the last 5 years have picked him - perhaps he’s the most obedient to them and a kiss *rse.

Dump Cabango, sell Wood and try to get in a pair of Dutch CB’s to compete with Darling , we’re ok for full backs, DCM get rid of both and go to the continent for something more skilful and cheaper than the lower league dross we always end up with. Keep Miko and Cullen but get Piroe back on loan from Leeds when they go up. Wingers we are well stocked with.

It’s surprising how many people think Grimes is rubbish and only slows us down. He’s one of our most consistent performers in terms of breaking up play, protecting possession and getting us moving forward. In fact he’s made the most forward passes in the league. The problem is the lack of options ahead of him. Watch him before he receives the ball; he’s aware of what’s ahead of him (or rather not) which is why he will delay or make a short safe pass. He could just lump it I suppose, but we’re not Stoke.

It’s surprising how many people think Grimes is rubbish and only slows us down. He’s one of our most consistent performers in terms of breaking up play, protecting possession and getting us moving forward. In fact he’s made the most forward passes in the league. The problem is the lack of options ahead of him. Watch him before he receives the ball; he’s aware of what’s ahead of him (or rather not) which is why he will delay or make a short safe pass. He could just lump it I suppose, but we’re not Stoke.
I've changed my opinion of him massively since Luke Williams has been here. I used to think he was the problem. It's becoming obvious it's the others around him which are the issue.

I've changed my opinion of him massively since Luke Williams has been here. I used to think he was the problem. It's becoming obvious it's the others around him which are the issue.
I was watching Joe Allen against QPR and when he is there, he's always thinking a pass or 2 ahead of everyone else so as soon as he can see someone about to pass to Grimes, he's on the move into a position to give Grimes the option of a first time forward pass and it makes a massive difference to the team dynamic and how Grimes plays. Fulton, on the other hand, when he came on he just stood still wherever he was, which was usually about 5 yards away from Grimes. Within 2 minutes you could see the midfield dynamic had completely changed. The problem is, we all knew 100% it would happen but Luke went ahead and did it anyway.

I was watching Joe Allen against QPR and when he is there, he's always thinking a pass or 2 ahead of everyone else so as soon as he can see someone about to pass to Grimes, he's on the move into a position to give Grimes the option of a first time forward pass and it makes a massive difference to the team dynamic and how Grimes plays. Fulton, on the other hand, when he came on he just stood still wherever he was, which was usually about 5 yards away from Grimes. Within 2 minutes you could see the midfield dynamic had completely changed. The problem is, we all knew 100% it would happen but Luke went ahead and did it anyway.
I slumped in to my seat as soon as Joe went down and lost all hope of us winning. Every time Fulton starts or comes on, a little part of me dies inside.

Reactions: K23
Watching Arsenal's midfield, their first move is forward and the wingers and striker start moving into space knowing the ball is coming. We get the ball we do none of that, so our forward players just switch off... Allen at least tries to get the forward momentum.

Fully agree. It's what isn't around him.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back