• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Where is this?

legoman

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
I was in the Beaufort, Kittle last week and I saw this picture on the wall. Mrs L and I were speculating where it might be, and roughly what year? My best guess was Mumbles, outside the White Rose looking towards where Joe's is now. I think it's around 1920. Anyone else have an idea?

Attachments

• IMG_20230120_134405422.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 770
You are in the right area, i reckon the photo was taken at the bottom of Dunns Lane looking towards the mini roundabout at the bottom of Newton road. The building on the left in the centre centre is now The Dark Horse.

Jack2jack said:
You are in the right area, i reckon the photo was taken at the bottom of Dunns Lane looking towards the mini roundabout at the bottom of Newton road. The building on the left in the centre centre is now The Dark Horse.

Ah yes I can see what you mean. What about the year?

Jack2jack said:
1900-1920 would be my guess. So you are about right. :)
Spot on. ive just checked the OS maps for the area. And that section of Mumbles Road was actually called The Dunns, and the shops on the right appear on OS up to 1952

WxmJax, how did you manage so easily to find a modern day picture of just the right place? Google Street view?

legoman said:
I was in the Beaufort, Kittle last week and I saw this picture on the wall. Mrs L and I were speculating where it might be, and roughly what year? My best guess was Mumbles, outside the White Rose looking towards where Joe's is now. I think it's around 1920. Anyone else have an idea?

It's about 20 years since I was last in the Beaufort. Does it still have all the old Swans stuff on the walls?

karnataka said:
It's about 20 years since I was last in the Beaufort. Does it still have all the old Swans stuff on the walls?

Not that I saw, k. Grub was good mind.

legoman said:

You would have noticed if it had, the place was covered with it when I was last there. Unless I'm thinking of somewhere else, you never know these days. :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: Can anyone confirm?

legoman said:

You would have noticed if it had, the place was covered with it when I was last there. Unless I'm thinking of somewhere else, you never know these days. :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: Can anyone confirm?

WxmJax said:
markup_1000005369.png

Was just gonna post that the building on the right it the first photo was now Davies the Bakers, the upstairs windows are still of the same design.

The Beaufort is a Marstons now. Food is OK for a brewery one. Good deal on a thursday - steak and a pint for 9.99 and tuesday (i think) 9.99 burger and a pint.
I think it was about 1970 when the buildings on the right were knocked down - the first one was an ice cream parlour at one point.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back