• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Where have all the decent keepers gone

Copamundial

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Not just a problem for us ( jury is still out on Rushworth for me) but many other clubs as well, don’t think I can ever remember a time when the general standard of keepers was so poor.

Rushworth is an excellent keeper - he’ll be a premier league goalkeeper for the next decade no doubt

He’s young and will make the odd mistake but the best we’ve had since Fabianski

Stopthebus said:
Rushworth is an excellent keeper - he’ll be a premier league goalkeeper for the next decade no doubt

He’s young and will make the odd mistake but the best we’ve had since Fabianski

Not convinced myself, been beaten from a tight angle on his near post a couple of times..time will tell I suppose.

Copamundial said:
Not convinced myself, been beaten from a tight angle on his near post a couple of times..time will tell I suppose.

Still unsure myself, he's made some fabulous stops and also some indifferent moments. Don't think he's doing his career any good being here with this shambolic lot in front of him.

Lot of similarities with Fabianksi. Excellent handling, makes important saves, frequent silly errors. Not helped by a team that habitually plays him into trouble, but that suicidal pass into midfield has to stop.

I think Rushworth is a very good keeper, still pretty young at 22 years old. Fully expecting him to be a PL regular within the next 3 or 4 years.

Rushworth has been excellent. Two recent cock ups will have hit his confidence but I am sure he will prevail.

TheLoneRanger said:
The first time I met my wife.I knew she was a keeper.

She was wearing massive gloves.

Did she throw the gauntlet down?

They've all been coached to use their feet more than their hands because apparently every team must now basically have an outfield player in goal

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back