• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We're down

• Thread starter eteb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 127
  • Views: Views 9,561
Well in the last 30 years theres only 1 team that's been relegated with more than 53 points, and the mathematical spread of points this season makes that impossible, so we can throw that nonsensical idea out.

46 is the benchmark to aim for, if you don't think we can get 13 points in 18 games, then your beyond negotiation.

I've said it over and over again, to get relegated from this league takes serious effort, being shite is usually good enough to stay up
Will we get 13 points from 14 games though?

Average safety for last 10 seasons is 44 but this is skewed by Blackburn relegated in 2017 with 51 points and Charlton in 2020 with 48. Lowest is 38 in 2022 but all others are in 41 - 45 range.
It's all to do with the point spread, what people forget is that when a team wins games (or most of them, per Leicester), it takes away the spread of points in the remainder of the table, conversely affecting the bottom end.

Posh went down with 54 in 2013, but Wolves went down with 51 also, even the bottom team (Wurzels) which is above average for 24th place

When you consider Hull got automatic promotion with 79 points, a 25 point gap between going up and down is crazy and indicates a crunch in the middle of the table

This season with the likes of Rotherham and Sheff Wed so far behind and teams at the top running away, I'd say it would be a mathematical miracle for a 50 points total to not result in a calm end to the season.

Well in the last 30 years theres only 1 team that's been relegated with more than 53 points, and the mathematical spread of points this season makes that impossible, so we can throw that nonsensical idea out.

46 is the benchmark to aim for, if you don't think we can get 13 points in 18 games, then your beyond negotiation.

I've said it over and over again, to get relegated from this league takes serious effort, being shite is usually good enough to stay up
It's precisely that attitude/outlook from fans and no doubt players that will see this go down to last few games. You say 46..I'll say few more than that, and if/when we don't get a point from next 4/5 games how will we react as a club and fanbase? Toxic doesn't come close, and when things get desperate....if you think winning is hard now, then what will all that do for us?
Yes, I'll negotiate pal, but saying we'll be fine? Wow.

It's precisely that attitude/outlook from fans and no doubt players that will see this go down to last few games. You say 46..I'll say few more than that, and if/when we don't get a point from next 4/5 games how will we react as a club and fanbase? Toxic doesn't come close, and when things get desperate....if you think winning is hard now, then what will all that do for us?
Yes, I'll negotiate pal, but saying we'll be fine? Wow.
You would have been one for the trenches..

Can't see Rotherham and Sheff Wed surviving so it's 7 clubs for the last place

*bookmarked*

We won’t go down, but only because half the division is a pile of shit. My Millwall mate is proper cacking it, as they are showing absolutely nothing and were soundly beaten at QPR.

We won’t go down, but only because half the division is a pile of shit. My Millwall mate is proper cacking it, as they are showing absolutely nothing and were soundly beaten at QPR.
I'm of the same opinion, we played some good football yesterday and deserved something, Ronald will be a revelation and with Key to come back in that will help too.
My major concern is at centre back, the Wood and Cabango partnership is literally a car crash waiting to happen every time the opposition go at us, I'd even play Ryan Bennett if he was still with us before either.
The way I see it we are always going to have to score to get anything out of a game because there is absolutely no chance of securing a clean sheet at the moment...

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back