• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wales v Poland

CurtessECarr said:
Let's be honest we haven't got the technical ability to compete with the teams in that group. We have a workmanlike group of players who compete very well against the top teams. I'm not surprised we slipped out of group A. I am delighted we game them all a game. As mentioned it was not a priority with the world cup around the corner.
I hate to say it but Bale was worse than poor.

Yeah exactly. We've got some good players, but overall we're not quite at the level of Belgium or Netherlands. We can compete with them for the odd game, but over a group like that we were always likely to finish bottom or 3rd at best. A midfield of Levitt and Morrell just isn't going to cut it against some of the best teams in Europe.

JackFish said:
CurtessECarr said:
Let's be honest we haven't got the technical ability to compete with the teams in that group. We have a workmanlike group of players who compete very well against the top teams. I'm not surprised we slipped out of group A. I am delighted we game them all a game. As mentioned it was not a priority with the world cup around the corner.
I hate to say it but Bale was worse than poor.

Yeah exactly. We've got some good players, but overall we're not quite at the level of Belgium or Netherlands. We can compete with them for the odd game, but over a group like that we were always likely to finish bottom or 3rd at best. A midfield of Levitt and Morrell just isn't going to cut it against some of the best teams in Europe.

It's been the same most of my life, most of the time, Wales will have 2 or 3 very good players and enough decent ones to put out a competitive starting 11. The problems come when we have just a couple of nailed on starters missing through injuries like last night or needing to be subbed during a game and we haven't got enough decent squad players or game changing subs to maintain the standard. It's the same for most countries of a comparable size of course whereas countries like Spain, England, Germany, Italy, etc, with populations >40M, can replace absentees with squad players probably valued at £30-£40M or even more while we have to start with mainly Championship and League 1 level players.

karnataka said:
JackFish said:

It's been the same most of my life, most of the time, Wales will have 2 or 3 very good players and enough decent ones to put out a competitive starting 11. The problems come when we have just a couple of nailed on starters missing through injuries like last night or needing to be subbed during a game and we haven't got enough decent squad players or game changing subs to maintain the standard. It's the same for most countries of a comparable size of course whereas countries like Spain, England, Germany, Italy, etc, with populations >40M, can replace absentees with squad players probably valued at £30-£40M or even more while we have to start with mainly Championship and League 1 level players.

There are plenty of English players who don't even get into their squad who would be first-choice for Wales.

All credit to Speed, Coleman, Giggs and Page for managing to build and maintain a squad good enough to qualify for multiple tournaments during the window in which we had a genuine world-class player to call on.

JackSomething said:
karnataka said:

There are plenty of English players who don't even get into their squad who would be first-choice for Wales.

All credit to Speed, Coleman, Giggs and Page for managing to build and maintain a squad good enough to qualify for multiple tournaments during the window in which we had a genuine world-class player to call on.

On the other side of the coin, we've had spells where we've had groups of good players when we haven't made any serious impact on qualifying tournaments. I'm thinking of the Rush, Hughes, Saunders spell and the Speed, Giggs, Bellamy, Harston spell when better management would surely have got more out of them.

We've punched clever way above our weight. For so long.

A street fighting Bantamweight nation that has excelled against the Heavyweights, time immemorial. Fair play.

Which is why most of us Welsh are ever so proud welsh folk, whether we live in Winch Wen, Wisconsin or Wirral.

Jak365 said:
We've punched clever way above our weight. For so long.

A street fighting Bantamweight nation that has excelled against the Heavyweights, time immemorial. Fair play.

Which is why most of us Welsh are ever so proud welsh folk, whether we live in Winch Wen, Wisconsin or Wirral.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

:D

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back