• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Viktor Gyökeres - Brighton

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 70
  • Views: Views 24,042

Risc

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Could be coming in on loan according to a journalist from The Athletic, no idea on how reliable source is.

Swedish striker who was on loan in the German Second Division last season, scored 7 in 26.

One of potters inside knowledge signing then.

Hes still a cunt though.

According to the twitter loons his Mrs just followed Swans on instagram, they don't miss a trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEwySEpNwFw

This was a player I fancied for us when he was playing in Sweden but he's not performed well since moving away.
Did little in the PL or in the second division of the German leagues and it looks like most of the time was as a left wing ... sounds like Peterson with a few goals.
If he is coming and as a CF it's not inspiring.

Badlands said:
This was a player I fancied for us when he was playing in Sweden but he's not performed well since moving away.
Did little in the PL or in the second division of the German leagues and it looks like most of the time was as a left wing ... sounds like Peterson with a few goals.

Very uninspiring indeed, appreciate Brewster was always unlikely but if this is the best we can do 50 goals might be a struggle this season.

Thornburyswan said:
Badlands said:

Very uninspiring indeed, appreciate Brewster was always unlikely but if this is the best we can do 50 goals might be a struggle this season.

Swedish friends reckon he would be an upgrade on Peterson and are quite similar - positionally more of a replacement for him or Ayew!

Badlands said:
Thornburyswan said:

Swedish friends reckon he would be an upgrade on Peterson and are quite similar - positionally more of a replacement for him or Ayew!

Interesting, reminds me a tad of Sam Surridge but I’ve not seen him play yet - if it’s him plus a Brewster replacement (& ideally an experienced CB) I’d be ok with that.

Thornburyswan said:
Badlands said:

Interesting, reminds me a tad of Sam Surridge but I’ve not seen him play yet - if it’s him plus a Brewster replacement (& ideally an experienced CB) I’d be ok with that.

From what I’ve read he’s a definite Surridge type. 6ft1 powerful runner who will run all day rather than be a natural finisher like Brewster.

Will have to see how it plays out. As for your point about replacing Brewster, can’t see it now, that will be Cullen.

Centre midfielder, number 10 and centre half needed badly.

Risc said:
Thornburyswan said:

From what I’ve read he’s a definite Surridge type. 6ft1 powerful runner who will run all day rather than be a natural finisher like Brewster.

Will have to see how it plays out. As for your point about replacing Brewster, can’t see it now, that will be Cullen.

Agree - although interestingly the Star are running with a story that we are the fall back plan for Brewster if LFC decide not to sell him & believe any Premiership loan options will mean he will be on the bench. No clue if there is any truth in that, kinda makes sense but it is the Star & suspect it will mean waiting until we get a lot closer to Oct 5th to find out.

Thornburyswan said:
Risc said:

Agree - although interestingly the Star are running with a story that we are the fall back plan for Brewster if LFC decide not to sell him & believe any Premiership loan options will mean he will be on the bench. No clue if there is any truth in that, kinda makes sense but it is the Star & suspect it will mean waiting until we get a lot closer to Oct 5th to find out.

In a team that delivers to a Centre Forward and accepts Brewser is a striker and not much else he'd easily cope with Premier League. Far better than Abrahms and on par with McBurnie IMO.

Badlands said:
Far better than Abrahms and on par with McBurnie IMO.

Would that be the Abraham who scored more than three times as many goals as McBurnie last season?

Perhaps he should have done the swimaway at a few away games too.

Dr. Winston said:
Badlands said:

Would that be the Abraham who scored more than three times as many goals as McBurnie last season?

Just thinking the same thing.
McBurnie scored 6 goals for a Blades team that, whilst they had a good season, cannot be compared as a club to Chelsea.
Abraham did really well for them last season, scoring 15 goals in 34 appearances
I like Oli, but he would never get in the Chelsea team

Risc said:
Could be coming in on loan according to a journalist from The Athletic, no idea on how reliable source is.

Swedish striker who was on loan in the German Second Division last season, scored 7 in 26.

We would still need more be he would add to the squad, good player on his day.

Dr. Winston said:
Badlands said:

I was thinking of their times with us.

Badlands said:
I was thinking of their times with us.

Considering that one played for us in the Prem under Clement and the other in the Championship under Potter that's fairly pointless too.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back