• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Uncle Russ

Can anyone see him being in charge for their first game of next season if they don't go up?

Can anyone see him being in charge for their first game of next season if they don't go up?
If they and Lids fail, wouldn't be surprised to see him at Elland Rd.
Tho I'd love to see him end up at Gresty Rd.

If they and Lids fail, wouldn't be surprised to see him at Elland Rd.
Tho I'd love to see him end up at Gresty Rd.
Not a chance mun. Mess this up and he’d better hope MK Dons are forgiving and have a vacancy.

Not a chance mun. Mess this up and he’d better hope MK Dons are forgiving and have a vacancy.
The fella has a habit of coming out smelling of roses, his luck has to come to end at some point.

Kinda agree Monny, but you know what this guys like. He'll apply for it...bullshit baffles brains.

Failing to go up this season automatically from the perspective of the Southampton fans and owners will already be seen as a failure. Elimination from the playoffs will be seen as a disaster and even "Legohead" will be hard pressed to put a positive spin on that

He’ll be on Celebrity Masterchef in a couple of years knocking up a vegan soufflé. “Former football manager, Russell Martin, is embarking on a new career in lentils and quinoa.”

He’ll probably fuck that up as well the absolute fraud.

He's a fraud, and we should have sacked him months before his "lottery numbers" came up when Southampton got sucked in by a lucky run from the Russbot.

If we can get a couple of million compo out of this palaver via the High Court then it will be ultimate money shot.

Comedy gold 🤣

He's a fraud, and we should have sacked him months before his "lottery numbers" came up when Southampton got sucked in by a lucky run from the Russbot.

If we can get a couple of million compo out of this palaver via the High Court then it will be ultimate money shot.

Comedy gold 🤣
If we get a couple of million quid for him, I can see Netflix making a drama series out of it.

"The amazing British football swindle" with Russ being played by Rylan Clark in his first serious drama role.

If we get a couple of million quid for him, I can see Netflix making a drama series out of it.

"The amazing British football swindle" with Russ being played by Rylan Clark in his first serious drama role.
Rylan Clark v Russell Martin.
Battle of the Turkey Teeth 🇹🇷 🤣

That is top quality casting fair play. :ROFLMAO:

After reading this thread I went to the Southampton fans forum, and they are in meltdown. They are furious that they are going to finish 'only' 4th behind Leicester, Ipswich and Leeds and it's hilarious 😂. And congratulations to whoever here went there as 'Forkbeard' because you certainly caused a stir. Who were you?

Guilty m'lud.

I'm not sure if there's a single manager who has been in charge of the Swans during my time as a supporter who I despise as much as Russell Martin. A bullsh*tter and absolute fraud who even now as a club we're still dealing with the fallout from.

It shouldn't surprise me by now, but it still does that any Swans fan anywhere thinks that he did a good job.

Playing devil's advocate for a second....because someone's got to 😉

There was a not-inconsiderable section of our fanbase - granted, you won't find many of them dwelling on these pages - who always maintained that his methods might have worked better if he'd been given a better standard of player to work with than what he had down here.

Technically, that point of view has been validated to an extent by what he has gone on to do at Saints - given a better group of players, he's displayed much higher levels of achievement. They'll finish 4th, when the best he could do here was 10th. That also includes a club record unbeaten run.

Granted, the flaws in his approach remain the same, and Southampton fans aren't happy because their expectations are higher than ours, they were hoping for Top 2. But, relatively speaking, looking at the overall picture, he's only increased his standing in the game. (Even though many on here would prefer to claim otherwise).

His Lego hair is shite though. I'll give you that.

There was a not-inconsiderable section of our fanbase - granted, you won't find many of them dwelling on these pages - who always maintained that his methods might have worked better if he'd been given a better standard of player to work with than what he had down here.

Technically, that point of view has been validated to an extent by what he has gone on to do at Saints - given a better group of players, he's displayed much higher levels of achievement. They'll finish 4th, when the best he could do here was 10th. That also includes a club record unbeaten run.

Granted, the flaws in his approach remain the same, and Southampton fans aren't happy because their expectations are higher than ours, they were hoping for Top 2. But, relatively speaking, looking at the overall picture, he's only increased his standing in the game. (Even though many on here would prefer to claim otherwise).

I take the point but it’s s stretch to claim that his “methods” (such as they are) have been validated, even if just to an extent, because he’s managed to take a Premier League squad of players to fourth in the Championship.

He may have increased his standing in the game but only among those who are fortunate enough not to have to watch his turgid brand of self serving anti-football week in week out.

Just my two cents, as the great Kent Brockman once said.

I think your arguement is flawed...despite having that better group of players he has not delivered. bearing in mind Southampton were a PL team last season they have not taken the division by storm....lost to Cardiff last week and to Stoke at home today.
I suspect Southampton will dispense with his services come this seasons end and despite the Brighton rumours I doubt he will be managing a decent football club anytime soon.
Had he not achieved that double in his first season and them gone on to get a second our fanbase would have sussed him sooner....he doesn't have that at Southampton

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back