• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tymon

• Thread starter eteb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 1,406
Best crosser of the ball we have but defensively continues to fall short.

Completely fell asleep for their goal.
I felt Rushworth was partly at fault too. He started to come for it, then changed his mind and stepped back when the ball was in flight. It's not easy to see just looking at one angle on TV, but I thought he could have kept coming and maybe punched it.

Completely fell asleep for their goal.
Let’s be honest that’s probably the most difficult ball to defend into the box, pleated at real pace. The only sure way to stop it is to block the cross.

Ironically he delivered a better one for the first goal. Try not to be too hard on him - he’s the second coming of Bidwell in my opinion

I felt Rushworth was partly at fault too. He started to come for it, then changed his mind and stepped back when the ball was in flight. It's not easy to see just looking at one angle on TV, but I thought he could have kept coming and maybe punched it.
Highlights Video's

Me too. It was at a comfortable height for him to gather.

I replayed it a good few times because I thought Rushworth looked like he was going for it and changed his mind. He would have got the ball but he changed his mind. Tymon was the wrong side of the player but not sure he was to blame

Tymon got caught with his pants down, he's settling in and improving every game, he's not anywhere near worth the cash we paid for him and never will be.

Stoke did a number on us, just like Blackpool did with Eddie.

Needs to command the box better, easily could have punched away but prefered to stay on his line.

Watched that again and from his starting position, Rushworth would be taking a gamble coming for that ball with the pace and the arc on it.........he would have ended up in no man's land if he came for it.
The ball is whipped at pace and eventually gets contact on it on the 6yd box.

The wall was a joke. Rushworth should have been in a better position, off his line by a couple more yards. Given that there was no pressure on him then he could have certainly exposed himself in that area with his positioning before the arrival of the free kick.

Certainly a list of things that will be put to them when they go over that goal.

I replayed it a good few times because I thought Rushworth looked like he was going for it and changed his mind. He would have got the ball but he changed his mind. Tymon was the wrong side of the player but not sure he was to blame
How you can say in the same sentence that he wasn't to blame and started the wrong side of the player I have no idea. By the time O'Nien starts his run Tymon is already 3 yards behind and his reaction is one of 'oh shit', knowing he has f**ed up. If he's closer to the player and get's goal side then the ball goes through everyone without much threat.

There were a few things could be better but Tymon's 'marking' is the reason they scored this goal.

Rushworth couldn't start any further from his line because he would open the left hand side of the goal for a shot and probably a goal if it's on target with some pace.

The wall is there to try and block the cross or force a loopy cross thats easy to defend - not to try block the shot, its far enough out at an angle that Rushworth is dealing with any potential shot.

It was a great delivery, Rishworth realised he couldn't get to it after initially trying to go, so retreated to defend any shots coming in.

No one else had the responsibility of marking their goal scorer, so its Tymon's responsibility and he is at fault.

Look at Grimes and Wood's defending, while not perfect, they use their bodies to disrupt the run and slow down the opposition player, and with so much pace on the cross they'll never get there in time for a clean shot at goal.

Side note - Cabango also poor here, he loses his man from outside the box, giving him a free run. Again there's too much pace on the ball for him to have made the shot, but on another day he too could have been in a position to get a free shot.

We do suffer with ball watching..the replay shows Tymon watching the flight of the ball and not tracking the Sunderland CB.. its easy to do though when you have to make multiple decisions at once

Let’s be honest that’s probably the most difficult ball to defend into the box, pleated at real pace. The only sure way to stop it is to block the cross.

Ironically he delivered a better one for the first goal. Try not to be too hard on him - he’s the second coming of Bidwell in my opinion

Have a look back at it and note his position just before the ball is played in relation to the bloke he was supposed to be marking. He had a good game overall but that was an appalling bit of defending.

Have a look back at it and note his position just before the ball is played in relation to the bloke he was supposed to be marking. He had a good game overall but that was an appalling bit of defending.
I said it in another thread, the guy he was marking started offside and arced his run. While he could have done more to get goalside as the ball was played he definitely couldn't have started goalside without pushing the defensive line back another two or three yards.

Could he have done more? Yes
Was it an excellent ball? Yes
Was it excellent movement by the scorer? Yes

Very few goals are ever scored where there is no one who can be blamed at all.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back