• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Trevor Francis

CurtessECarr

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/trevor-francis-dies-aged-69-as-tributes-paid-to-britain-s-first-1m-player/ar-AA1eh5aN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ad7c9883947447f0b77205c58456db9c&ei=12
Sad news

Bloke tore us to pieces at Maine Road in 1981. Pace to burn.

RIP

TheLoneRanger said:
His late wife Helen was from Llanelli.

He was a very good footballer, whose career was blighted by many injuries.

RIP

Yes sadly while his wife was unwell in hospital, my sister said to me that while working she got talking to a visitor;

"His name was Francis something, played football in Nottingham, never heard of him!" I showed her a picture of TF - "yeah that's him" :lol: :roll:

1m then but what value in todays money?

Not forgetting the infamous lyrics - 'Some Trevor Francis tracksuits from a mush in shepherds bush, bush, bush'

I met him a few times as I was going out with a girl who was related to his wife. Blimey that was thirty years ago.

RIP Trev.

TheLoneRanger said:
Another ex Forest player died today ...

Chris Bart -Williams aged 49.

Had a little wry smile reading your comment, as obviously it’s very sad reading about all these passings, but i smiled in a way that it really does make a poignant point, I know you didnt mean for it to read like it does, but, it inadvertently hits home as you say of Chris’s passing, and then your quote which is on every post I know, stating everyday above ground is a good day, and that upon reading of the death of a young man really hits home, Trevor Francis wasn’t that old either really, makes you sit and ponder, and that’s where your quote is absolutely spot on.

Awful news, a brilliant talent in his day.
Apparently never got over his wife's passing. Possibly died of a broken heart.
RIP.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back