• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tour de France

Pegojack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Cracking start to the Tour yesterday in the Basque country with the Yates brothers coming in 1 & 2 after a thrilling race.
More good racing and spectacular scenery today, race finishing in San Sebastian.
Only stage 2 and I'm already bored with the Skoda mini ads in each break. Come on, boys, put some new ones on.....

Cracking start yesterday which carried into stage two today. Adam Yates keeps the yellow into tomorrow.

I normally have a long weekend in France for one of the middle weekends; Carcassonne last year was superb. Sitting this year out though as the combo of itinerary and GT sitting it out means that I’ll keep the pass out for next year.

Much prefer the Eurosport coverage to that of ITV4, partly due to the adverts that ITV spew out.

For a few glorious seconds today in the sprint finish, it looked as if Cav was going to do it, but he was beaten into second. The opportuntities are slipping away......

Pegojack said:
Cracking start to the Tour yesterday in the Basque country with the Yates brothers coming in 1 & 2 after a thrilling race.
More good racing and spectacular scenery today, race finishing in San Sebastian.
Only stage 2 and I'm already bored with the Skoda mini ads in each break. Come on, boys, put some new ones on.....

Can't do bikes that haven't got an Engine ;)

Pegojack said:
You could always watch the support cars...😵‍💫

Motorcycling is my love, not that interested in cars to be honest, I do like Merc's and Audi's but that's about it, on a budget level the Ford Puma is a nice looking car.

Pegojack said:
Gutted for Cavendish. Sport can be very cruel.

He's still the greatest road sprinter of all time. But yes, absolutely gutting.

Thrilling stuff today. 22yo Spaniard Carlos Rodriguez wins the stage, descending down the mountain for the last few kilometres to the finish line at speeds up to 92km!
Pogajar was thwarted by a couple of inappropriately placed motor bikes at the top of the climb stifling his sprint, then he fell asleep for a second and lost the sprint to the summit. Brilliant, brilliant racing today.

Pegojack said:
Thrilling stuff today. 22yo Spaniard Carlos Rodriguez wins the stage, descending down the mountain for the last few kilometres to the finish line at speeds up to 92km!
Pogajar was thwarted by a couple of inappropriately placed motor bikes at the top of the climb stifling his sprint, then he fell asleep for a second and lost the sprint to the summit. Brilliant, brilliant racing today.

Absolutely compelling viewing today and almost impossible to split the top two. Pogacar looks the strongest but he simply cannot shake off Vingegaard. More of the same likely for tomorrow.

A distinct lack of Welsh flags on the road this year, unlike last year. It’s a year ago to the day when I was on the telly 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿.

Attachments

• 890980BF-600A-4993-B807-BDC9163F94A1.jpeg
    820.9 KB · Views: 253
Film doing the rounds The Program allegedly based on on Lance Armstrongs racing backstory , worth a watch .

Just hope in years to come some scandal or book will not involve Geraint Thomas winning in 2018 , lets hope the sport has cleaned up its act , watching some of these cyclists, how do they do it day after day , does an energy drink and a banana help them along this massive challenge , wonder what their BMI is , thinner than many supermodels on the catwalk .

Time do dust down my still working Raleigh derailleur , de-rallyer as I remember it called , and hit the Pyresness , easy .

There will 100% be another scandal. It’s the nature of the sport.

Marginal gains eh…but in what areas?

I love the sport but am clearly a cynic.

biggar63 said:
There will 100% be another scandal. It’s the nature of the sport.

Marginal gains eh…but in what areas?

I love the sport but am clearly a cynic.

They’re all on drugs which fascinates me to be honest because when I was taking drugs I couldn’t even find my bike let alone ride it.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back