• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Todays ref Rebecca Welch

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
I thought she was very good, let the game flow didn’t seem to miss anything and was happy to tell the players why she had made decisions. Kept up with play easily and read the game well.

Didn’t put up with any nonsense either.

I thought that the players behaviour was an improvement on the normal shouting at refs, was this because a female was in charge? Seemed less abuse and arguing with the ref today from both sides? It might be that her performance was such that the players didn’t need to get aggressive and abusive as they do with some of the male refs who want to be “in charge”?

But i did wonder if male players find it difficult to be aggressive towards a female ref, might be the future and if they are all as good as she was today it will be an improvement for the game generally.

She booked Tymon because he disagreed with her dubious decision :)

Poor. No booking for a Blackburn player showing the same dissent as Tymon. No booking for them stopping our free kick. The free kick that lead to their goal was not a foul. Less arguing with the ref from both sets of players.

We've had worse and many a lot better. I wouldn't be disappointed not to see her ref one of our games again.

I thought she was good in general. A good ref is one that doesn’t make the headlines in a game, and I thought that was the case with her

Let’s pat the little woman on the head.

Agree.

We shouldn't be commenting on her just as a female. She did an ok job, better than some refs we've had. Was the difference the attitude of the players?
Missed a couple of things but then all refs do, but the performance overall was one not to have much to complain about.

If you're good enough it doesn't matter.

If we had lost. I guess she would have been sh*t like all the others are if we lose.
Wonder what the Blackburn fans reaction was.

A good refereeing performance irrespective of the gender of the referee

Let the game flow nicely, got pretty much most of the decisions spot on and let the game flow where it was possible

YOu know when you have seen a good ref and it is generally when the game happens and you don't notice them. That clown Maddley could learn much

If we had lost. I guess she would have been sh*t like all the others are if we lose.
Wonder what the Blackburn fans reaction was.
There was an incredibly vocal response from the Blackburn fans in the North Stand towards the ref on the day, at least one fan was ejected for their 'opinion' and a few others had a warning.

Didn't see much of the game myself so can't personally say anything about the ref.

We could have won 6-5, had 4 pens given against us,had 2 sent off and nobody would slate the ref.....cos we won.
That said, she did OK...no more than that.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back