• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Today highlighted

If he is available and plays the last three games that appears very convenient

It does make me think that some of it is psychological

I'm sure I read something about Daniel Sturridge struggling to put his body through too much due to worry about picking up an injury.

The mind is a powerful thing.

Last edited:
I agree.. I've had loads of sports injuries and rehab is always partly physiological.

The fear of re-injury holds you back a bit and not wanting to start the healing journey again.

Problem is serious injuries never fully heal and there is always a weakness somewhere in the chain.

I sincerely hope Walsh can turn the corner.

I hope so as well, seems like a decent enough person and there is a decent player in there.

I can't believe anyone thinks it's a good idea offering Walsh a contract.
He's usually injured & when he has played he's contributed little of note, 1 goal & I've no idea how many assists but very, very few.
Terrible signing

If Allen and Walsh get contracts we start with minus two players in the majority of our playing time, given how few games either will start, or last.

Unless it’s pay per play per minute, it would be an odd decision.

Only one I can see potentially getting a new deal is Allen. I suppose there are a lot of factors to take in to consideration like wages and his availability on a regular basis

It was interesting to read Williams comments about Placheta and his availability in terms of a new deal. I'm hoping this is a common theme throughout the squad.

To many players have been unavailable for certain periods of time over the last few years.

Rather than start a new thread, I was impressed with Yates today. Instinctive positioning and was close to being on the end of everything in the box. Keep him based on that performance.

Rather than start a new thread, I was impressed with Yates today. Instinctive positioning and was close to being on the end of everything in the box. Keep him based on that performance.
We have to keep him, nobody will take him.

I can't go with that to be honest.' The future of Yates should be decided on his performances over the course of a season not in one game and the last twenty minutes of it at that.

He's just the wrong fit for our side unfortunately

If the club have any serious desire to improve the league position of the club the problem lies in centre midfield. Pedestrian play is never going to succeed in this league. If any form of offer comes in for Grimes we have to sell.

I like the fact that he loves living in the area and puts his family ahead of his career ambitions but we can’t become a comfort zone for any player. I’ll get pelters for it but this is exactly what he projects on the pitch both in his general demeanour and negative comfortable non responsible play on the pitch.

Cut him and Fulton loose and get a couple of quick attack minded foreigners in. Azeem will grow into the side with better examples to mentor him.

The number of times I’ve jealously watched opposition midfields tear us apart ant speed over the last three seasons just reinforces that view. Well for me anyway.

I'm not sure clubs like Hull, Coventry, WBA and Norwich could boast many more than that and they've all been chasing the playoff spots this season.

Yes, we may well have 5 or 6 top half Championship players but we need them to stop performing like mid-table League 1 players
It’s all down to attitude and application for me. To play like a top six side against Cardiff then slide back into appalling mediocrity indicates there’s something rotten in the core of the squad.

I know it’s difficult to maintain that form over an entire season but doing it twice or three times a season is criminal. They are paid huge amounts of money compared with the likes of us. We demand to see application and hard work as a minimum. We’d get sacked if we only put in three good weeks work over a year! It’s inexcusable

If the club have any serious desire to improve the league position of the club the problem lies in centre midfield. Pedestrian play is never going to succeed in this league. If any form of offer comes in for Grimes we have to sell.

I like the fact that he loves living in the area and puts his family ahead of his career ambitions but we can’t become a comfort zone for any player. I’ll get pelters for it but this is exactly what he projects on the pitch both in his general demeanour and negative comfortable non responsible play on the pitch.

Cut him and Fulton loose and get a couple of quick attack minded foreigners in. Azeem will grow into the side with better examples to mentor him.

The number of times I’ve jealously watched opposition midfields tear us apart ant speed over the last three seasons just reinforces that view. Well for me anyway.
I cant agree with that at all, every match he is the go to player that everyone uses to get us out of a tricky area of the pitch. The fact that most opposition managers put a player on him solely to man mark says all you need to know. It worries me that fans actually think we can find someone of his abiltiy for a reasonable sum 🤷‍♂️ we all saw when playing further up the pitch how he looked sharper and had more bite so for me its him and 2 new additions next season in the midfield 3.

I cant agree with that at all, every match he is the go to player that everyone uses to get us out of a tricky area of the pitch. The fact that most opposition managers put a player on him solely to man mark says all you need to know. It worries me that fans actually think we can find someone of his abiltiy for a reasonable sum 🤷‍♂️ we all saw when playing further up the pitch how he looked sharper and had more bite so for me its him and 2 new additions next season in the midfield 3.
Good post, this guy knows his stuff 👏

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back