• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Today highlighted

This squad is no where near good enough for the play offs.
The team who played against Cardiff and Stoke would comfortably give the playoffs a good shot if they found some consistency but we have proved that we haven't got anywhere near enough depth in the squad to achieve that consistency when injuries and loss of form weaken our best starting 11.

The team who played against Cardiff and Stoke would comfortably give the playoffs a good shot if they found some consistency but we have proved that we haven't got anywhere near enough depth in the squad to achieve that consistency when injuries and loss of form weaken our best starting 11.
Not so sure our best eleven would make it. Where are goals coming from?

We've got five or six top half championship players.

Not so sure our best eleven would make it. Where are goals coming from?

We've got five or six top half championship players.
I'm not sure clubs like Hull, Coventry, WBA and Norwich could boast many more than that and they've all been chasing the playoff spots this season.

Yes, we may well have 5 or 6 top half Championship players but we need them to stop performing like mid-table League 1 players

One thing all the successful clubs in the Championship have is a top notch goal scorer or creative midfielder (in some cases both). Right now at least amongst our currently fit players we lack both with goals and assists spread quite widely amongst the squad but with no real focal point to build a team around.

Could Cullen become that kind of 20+ goal striker? Maybe... his one touch finishing is excellent but when he gets a clear chance you don't ever get that certainty that a goal is coming the way you did when Piroe or Michu were through on goal.

As for a midfield creator? I feel that we haven't had a top quality one (relative to the league we are in) since the days of Gylfi, we have had full backs who get their fair share of assists and goals (Manning, Roberts, Tymon, Key) but never a creator in chief to pull the strings in an attacking sense.

Unfortunately those are always the two positions in most demand and the ones that will always cost mega bucks to bring in unless you take a punt on someone unfancied. On his return maybe this man can be that man but not everyone returns from long term injury the same, fingers crossed...

I'm not sure clubs like Hull, Coventry, WBA and Norwich could boast many more than that and they've all been chasing the playoff spots this season.

Yes, we may well have 5 or 6 top half Championship players but we need them to stop performing like mid-table League 1 players
Majority of our strongest players would struggle to get in the starting eleven of those teams you've mentioned. The squad is no where near good enough to compete with those teams.

Our opinions on this subject seem to be miles apart, it's time for me to bow out this discussion.

We certainly need to be cautious about Ginelly's injury. I hadn't realized that he'd also had a long period out with an Achilles injury while at Hearts that required surgery, so there has to be major question marks over his ability to stay fit.

On that note - I'm sure it hasn't escaped others attention that Williams has been falling over himself to give Liam Walsh minutes after recovering from his latest injury; indicates he's seriously considering him for a new deal, when I would have thought one of the easiest decisions we have to make for next season is to not renew his contract.

One thing all the successful clubs in the Championship have is a top notch goal scorer or creative midfielder (in some cases both). Right now at least amongst our currently fit players we lack both with goals and assists spread quite widely amongst the squad but with no real focal point to build a team around.

Could Cullen become that kind of 20+ goal striker? Maybe... his one touch finishing is excellent but when he gets a clear chance you don't ever get that certainty that a goal is coming the way you did when Piroe or Michu were through on goal.

As for a midfield creator? I feel that we haven't had a top quality one (relative to the league we are in) since the days of Gylfi, we have had full backs who get their fair share of assists and goals (Manning, Roberts, Tymon, Key) but never a creator in chief to pull the strings in an attacking sense.

Unfortunately those are always the two positions in most demand and the ones that will always cost mega bucks to bring in unless you take a punt on someone unfancied. On his return maybe this man can be that man but not everyone returns from long term injury the same, fingers crossed...

I'm looking forward to the return of Ginnelly, in his brief cameos before that injury he seems like a decent enough player.

Like you said we're crying out for creativity and goals, if only we could unearth another Piroe this summer.

This summer represents a very neat review point with several permanent players out of contract. Allen, Naughton, Walsh, Paterson - have I forgotten anyone?

The question to ask is, have any of them done enough (and by enough, I mean stay fit for the majority of the time and/or offer more than half a dozen good performances per season) to warrant a new contract?

If your answer is yes to any of them, you're either blinded by sentimentality or your judgement is flawed.

We need to get brutal. Get them all gone this summer and start afresh. This squad needs an almighty shake-up. Several new faces will do that.

This summer represents a very neat review point with several permanent players out of contract. Allen, Naughton, Walsh, Paterson - have I forgotten anyone?

The question to ask is, have any of them done enough (and by enough, I mean stay fit for the majority of the time and/or offer more than half a dozen good performances per season) to warrant a new contract?

If your answer is yes to any of them, you're either blinded by sentimentality or your judgement is flawed.

We need to get brutal. Get them all gone this summer and start afresh. This squad needs an almighty shake-up. Several new faces will do that.
Paterson & Naughton, as squad players maybe….but would have to be at reduced wages (which I doubt they would accept)

With respect, what a load of hogwash.

We always raise our game against Cardiff. They never play well against us.

This squad is crap and the quicker our fans realise this and stop pretending its good, the better. Our standards are in the mud these days.

Majority of our strongest players would struggle to get in the starting eleven of those teams you've mentioned. The squad is no where near good enough to compete with those teams.

Our opinions on this subject seem to be miles apart, it's time for me to bow out this discussion.
It was you that said we have 5 or 6 top half championship players. Surely, by definition, that would mean at least some of them would be first team squad in a top half championship club? I actually disagreed as I said they play more like mid-table League 1 players. I'm confused about what I said that you're disagreeing with? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It was you that said we have 5 or 6 top half championship players. Surely, by definition, that would mean at least some of them would be first team squad in a top half championship club? I actually disagreed as I said they play more like mid-table League 1 players. I'm confused about what I said that you're disagreeing with? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
No worries, I didn't join the site to go back and forth with other members of the forum on who said or did what.

I would be astounded if we contract to Walsh based on his time injured.

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back