• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

They’re revolting in Cardiff

• Thread starter J_B
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 1,521

J_B

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65677472

BBC should be more responsible than this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65687785

Another long night ahead.

Not just the BBC also on Sky and probably all other news outlets.

Someone in the police force is in the shit now.

It appears either the driver of the police van lied, or someone further up the chain did. Residential CCTV which they rely on so much in the modern era looks like it's going to hang one or more of them.

Personally, i think the OB should be allowed to follow / pursue criminals on bikes and scooters. In some parts of the country they are allowed to knock them off even.

But they don't do themselves favours on times, and those times seem to be more frequent than ever these days...

This is what I would do if there's a follow up riot tonight...

Instead of "holding a line" get in amongst them and crack some boneheaded skulls. Job done .

..."Alun Michael, South Wales police and crime commissioner, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme earlier on Tuesday that police had not chased the pair."

... "Chief Superintendent Martyn Stone told a press conference in Cardiff: “We have received footage that shows a police vehicle following a bike at just prior to 6pm."

“This footage is being recovered as part of the investigation and will assist us in piecing together the circumstances leading up to the collision."

If the police were chasing those kids then the fatal consequences were not proportionate to the incident.

I can’t see Alun Michael lasting long - SWP made a dick of him today.

Firstly R.I.P those young boys, absolutely needless loss of life.

But i have never seen something so despicable the way the media are acting over this, they had a chance to get a message across to young kids, about the dangers of doing such things, instead they would rather tarnish the police.

It's a shame, that no one in power has the balls to say, which needs to be said, it was only a little while back WOL were reporting a 94 year old man being hit by an illegal bike. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/94-year-old-man-thrown-26835256

IMO, the message that has been sent here by the media is, ' It's ok kids carry on', which is a crying shame.

The police need to be robust now, and basically wage war against any unauthorised ebike or scooter, you have not to chase them, undercover swoops, plain clothes, and confiscate the ferking lot.

J_B said:
I thought electric bikes were perfectly legal?

Only if they are electrically assisted to a max speed of 15.5mph. From what I gather there are quite a few on the roads that exceed that.

I read a quote from one of the mothers about getting justice for the boys. Without wishing to diminish the parents' unimaginable loss it seems the issue of the police's dreadful communication and lack of transparency are morphing in some people's minds into something altogether darker.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back