• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The "Things that are worth saying but are not important enough to have their own Thread" Thread

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 157
  • Views: Views 8,216
They are 5 mins from me SJ, find em bit pretentious tbh....gimme proper brekkie in Davies' over the road any day.
Cracking all day in Davies Saint, lovely pasties too!
If you get a chance give Sam's a go behind Joe's, best breakfast I've had and still haven't managed to finish it all...

Result! A tidy pint at a reasonable price 👌
Like rocking horse shit nowadays Coops 😉
And right in the heart of the village, just a mere hop across the road from the train station. The pub did a lot for the local community during the Covid period and energy bill crisis, so it's nice to see something thriving.

And right in the heart of the village, just a mere hop across the road from the train station. The pub did a lot for the local community during the Covid period and energy bill crisis, so it's nice to see something thriving.
Yes I remember reading something on WOL about the pub during covid when they opened in the afternoon and supplied hot food 💪💥

Yes I remember reading something on WOL about the pub during covid when they opened in the afternoon and supplied hot food 💪💥
Also in the run up to Christmas 2022, they basically opened their doors to the community. Come in and keep warm, no obligation to buy drinks, just come and pass the time by reading, playing cards, etc.

Square Peg is a short stroll from our gaff, but the last two visits (2pm or so) the kitchen had closed for the day. Plus now we've got the dogs we'll have to sit outside next to that busy road, buses pulling up every few minutes while eating our peanut butter and fig breakfast ciabattas ...I dunno...

Not tried the other two. I understand they're both dog friendly. 😀

11 quid for a breakfast bap? Are folk paying this?
I expect so, place is very popular, we only popped in cause we hadn't eaten and it was close to my favourite watering hole and my knee was giving me to much gyp to go walking about looking to have food, luckily for me Mrs is happy to drive.

I expect so, place is very popular, we only popped in cause we hadn't eaten and it was close to my favourite watering hole and my knee was giving me to much gyp to go walking about looking to have food, luckily for me Mrs is happy to drive.
I’d have gone straight to the watering hole. You could put that £11 towards eleven bags of crisps to go with the pint.

I’d have gone straight to the watering hole. You could put that £11 towards eleven bags of crisps to go with the pint.
I'm more of a salted peanut type of chap :cool:

Plus I got to keep my driver fed and watered 😂

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back