• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Midfield

lidojack

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
I know Duff is the easy target tonight but a special mention for how woeful the midfield were.

Grimes and Patino looked like they didn't want to be there and Fulton was all over the shop.
We looked half solid defensively for 65 minutes but every time we came away with the ball the 3 in midfield would just piss is away. Averaging 75% pass completion between them is just negligent.

We play every game with 10 men because Grimes is a total passenger, he just doesn't do anything

It's not a coincidence when every player looks clueless. Sometimes it just ain't the players and it's entirely down to the team who prepare them.

lidojack said:
I know Duff is the easy target tonight but a special mention for how woeful the midfield were.

Grimes and Patino looked like they didn't want to be there and Fulton was all over the shop.
We looked half solid defensively for 65 minutes but every time we came away with the ball the 3 in midfield would just piss is away. Averaging 75% pass completion between them is just negligent.

I've spent years on here defending Grimes, but there's no defence for that. He's been especially poor all season so far, but that was even worse than the usual poor. Fulton the invisible man too. At least Patino wanted the ball and knows which way forward is, but that's the only positive from that sh!tshow.

But then it's going to be easy to slag off players this season, as they don't know what they're supposed to be doing. That's down to Duff and his team.

The only thing I would add is that Grimes leadership runs through our team. A lack of desire, grit, determination and will to win. He doesn't need a management team for that. I've never seen a person make so many side / back passes, even in acres of space.

He's never been a captain and never should be. Fucking silent shit house

NWJack said:
The only thing I would add is that Grimes leadership runs through our team. A lack of desire, grit, determination and will to win. He doesn't need a management team for that. I've never seen a person make so many side / back passes, even in acres of space.
He has two types of pass in his locker; the "hot potato" pass where he's passed the ball and immediately lays it off first time to the nearest team-mate and the "slow dribble" where he takes 3 or 4 touches in a particular direction before under-hitting a pass to a team-mate, usually playing them into trouble.
He's been here nearly a decade and no other club has tried to buy him, speaks volumes

Grimes playing the pivotal role in a Martin side is a decent player, Paul Scholes would look shite playing Duddball

Hot take;

If I was given the choice of binning either Duff or Grimes then I’ll be slamming Grimes’ suitcase into a taxi.

T8AD365 said:
We play every game with 10 men because Grimes is a total passenger, he just doesn't do anything

If you think Grimes is our problem, you need help

Magic_Michu said:
Quite a few others agree with me, he's a vacuum in the middle of the pitch

Magic_Michu said:

I don’t think he’s the sole issue, there’s many factors, but he has to take a large responsibility for tonight’s non show, he just didn’t look arsed, I dunno if that is unfair, I don’t hate him or think he’s crap etc, but he was woeful tonight, as were they all, but as captain, he must shoulder a bit for that rubbish.

T8AD365 said:
Quite a few others agree with me, he's a vacuum in the middle of the pitch

He is at the moment because we bypass the middle of the pitch at hoof it aimlessly into the channels… read any serious football correspondents or managers and they all speak so highly of Grimes - he’s been an ever present for years, why? Because he’s a brilliant ball player in the right team.

I agree, in this set up… he’s as good as useless

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back