• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Demise of the Footy Train (Footex)

Ringwood

First Team Player
Reaction score
Its a real shame either through privatisation or sheer vandalism that there a very few football supporter special trains these days.

There used to be plenty of options from Swansea, Neath and Port Talbot watching us play away on a special train to exotic places like Ipswich, Stoke, Derby, Bristol Rovers and especially the party train to Preston in 1981.

The last arranged train i recall was our FAC Cup game away to Portsmouth when Nathan Dyer was on fire.

Anybody have any particular memories from past away games on footy special trains?

Birmingham away at the weekend was close to £100 for a return to Swansea. As it happened, I got a liftmost of the way as my girlfriend was visiting friends nearby, but the coach back was £11 and it would've been close to the same on the way too. Even if I drove, it'd be about £40 in fuel, so there is absolutely 0 reason to get the train anymore. Absolute disgrace of a Government have ran public services into the ground

Been on the Heart of Wales line for a couple of Shrewsbury games. Took about 4 hours but with lots of cans (& stocking up for the way back) along with great company, it's a cracking day out.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back