• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The cupboard is bare then?...

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
So a team patched together with other sides players, and no real saleable assets, apart from maybe Grimes, a chairman and head of recruitment that both seem to be hopelessly out of thier depth, are we about to be approaching our next level, perhaps not this season but probably next, or is there really a cause for optimism, if so, why?

Hate is a strong word
But I really hate these bsrds, they are bleeding us dry. A bunch of vampire bats around a corpse
and its running dry.
cry.gif

American owners, ite well known about Americans and money spending, probably the reason we messed up in previous Jan windows when wll placed to challenge!

yep, next season could be a cruncher.

The downfall has been shocking this year, although they have put in a decent spending power this season, the decisions made by Watson/Marsh/Coleman have been abysmal.

6 players out of contract albeit not all first team starters, and 6 loans to cover in the summer, I’m not optimistic we’ll do enough, but let’s focus on the rest of this season first.

So in the Winter window these are coming in...I wonder what categories they'll fall into by the end of the season, compared to those in the Summer Window ..

Ronald
Sagoe
Placheta

These were our Summer transfers in. My suggested categories.

CATEGORY A VERY GOOD : Rushworth (L)

CATEGORY B GOOD : but so frustrating they're injured - Ginnelly. Key.

CATEGORY C OK-ISH : Patino (L). Humphreys (L). Lowe (L)

CATEGORY D WHY DID WE BOTHER !! : Tymon. Ashby (L) Yates. Kuharevich, Tjoe-a-On. Pederson. Bolasie

Overall categorisation ( with a few exceptions) applying to both players and the Sporting Directorate : "Underwhelming/Mediocre/ Incompetent"

It was also interesting to see what Sagoe had to say "“I spoke to the manager and he told me that the philosophy is very possession-based, and the wingers are integral to how Swansea play. He wants them to be direct and get lots of crosses into the box, create chances for the team".

Proof of the pudding and all that, but by god we've been crying out for pace. But still...pace is no good if we concede more than we score. Defence is the elephant in the room.

I seem to recall much the same being said this time last season...yet we still find ourselves in the Championship.
Not many if any of rhe sides below us have strengthend durring thus window with the exception if Sheff Wed taking Pederson....we need to give Luke sometime and whilst we might be losing it needs those sides below us to win to reduce that 8 point gap....

League 1 feels inevitable at the moment
Lose today, I don’t think we pick up another point until March, and we are then in huge slump.

Unless the club get rid of Watson soon, and hire replacement looking ahead to summer window, next year we are bankers for relegation.

Lose today, I don’t think we pick up another point until March, and we are then in huge slump.

Unless the club get rid of Watson soon, and hire replacement looking ahead to summer window, next year we are bankers for relegation.
What happened to that Burnley guy who was meant to be coming in? Did he come in along Watson or was that just paper talk?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back