• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Biggest Disaster Since Bradley

He had 11 games and shipped 29, did give us that memorable 5-4 over palace, but that was a desperate era and the real start of our top flight demise, I don’t think we’re at that kinda level of no confidence are we?
I’m obviously not thrilled with how we’ve started etc, but his tenure was just an abysmal time, Duff isn’t as bad as him, not yet anyway 👀😂

That's going a bit far putting him in the same category as Bradley.

His record is good in the 2 leagues below. The call was for pragmatic but that clearly wasn't the thing that is needed presently and it's becoming more obvious as the games are checked off.

The issue is and has always been the guys who run the show, the constant that seem to shuffle the pack and are happy for people to blame the hand dealt.

They need to give Duff the tools to do his job and we ate a handful short as it stands.........they have 2 days to do it otherwise it will become more apparent that they have tried pulling the wool over our eyes once again.

If Wood goes for the money being talked about(and I expect it) without no real spend on the 5/6 replacements(Inc Woods replacement) then the calculators will be coming out and the reality on the amount of money come in and gone out will hit home.

It's not Duffs fault as it stands.

Let me make this clear, my comment has nothing to to with results it’s all about the direction of travel and style.

If you could pick a season to transition then it wouldn’t be this one not when the division is arguably the strongest it’s ever been.

If I’m wrong then nobody will be happier than me and I’ll readily admit it unlike some on here who will go to some pretty bizarre lengths to maintain they were right in their opinions.

magicdaps10 said:
That's going a bit far putting him in the same category as Bradley.

His record is good in the 2 leagues below. The call was for pragmatic but that clearly wasn't the thing that is needed presently and it's becoming more obvious as the games are checked off.

The issue is and has always been the guys who run the show, the constant that seem to shuffle the pack and are happy for people to blame the hand dealt.

They need to give Duff the tools to do his job and we ate a handful short as it stands.........they have 2 days to do it otherwise it will become more apparent that they have tried pulling the wool over our eyes once again.

If Wood goes for the money being talked about(and I expect it) without no real spend on the 5/6 replacements(Inc Woods replacement) then the calculators will be coming out and the reality on the amount of money come in and gone out will hit home.

It's not Duffs fault as it stands.

Someone talking sense and seeing the bigger picture at last.

Yes, we can blame individual managers for certain things. Potter sometimes went full-on 'Pep at his worst' in his formations sometimes, especially early on. Cooper had some very talented footballers so didn't need to play football that made your eyes bleed, even though it got results. And Martin's transfer selections were pretty abysmal.

But all of them tried their arse off and did some good stuff as well. I've got no doubt that Duff is trying hard too, and will continue to.

The common thread for our failures/underachievements since 2016 are the dickheads who bought the club. In all reality, we could have Pep in charge and he'd just be set up to fail, like they've all been.

We'll never maximise our capabilities while they are the custodians of the club.

(Cue the usual smart alecs weighing in to say well who do you want instead then, Sheikhs don't grow on trees etc)

There may well be a valid parallel with Bradley. Like Duff, he inherited a team that was shipping goals due to weakness on the left flank. In Bradley’s case, this was put right in the next transfer window (when we brought in Martin Olsson) and Clement reaped the benefits.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back