• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea March for independence

exiledclaseboy

Staff member
Reaction score
Good turnout by the looks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cyre3e3ze3ko

Let's hope the Welsh Brexit voters feck off to another country

fantastic crowd there yesterday,
it isn't a question of if, it is a question of when.
Annibyniaeth

Fe Godwn Ni Eto

exiledclaseboy said:

ECB - Would civil servants be in trouble in this country be in trouble?

DVLA, Stats Office, Patent Office & Passport Office. I'm not buying into this independence thing yet but willing to be educated on the subject!

Risc said:
ECB - Would civil servants be in trouble in this country be in trouble?

DVLA, Stats Office, Patent Office & Passport Office. I'm not buying into this independence thing yet but willing to be educated on the subject!

Possibly. It’s unrealistic to expect the UK government to keep UK government functions in what will become a separate country but it’ll be a long term thing, it’s equally unrealistic to expect that these jobs will disappear en masse immediately. They’d undoubtedly be part of any “Walexit” (see what I did there?) negotiations. And then f course the same functions will still be needed in Wales albeit with far fewer numbers.

Like you I’m not an advocate of independence yet but I’m also not going to dismiss it. It’ll definitely happen eventually but certainly not for a couple of generations at least. The continuing Tory Westminster shitshow ruling from afar can’t continue though. The worst thing for the independence movements in both Scotland and wales would be a Labour victory at the next UK general election and that’s what I’m hoping for. Independence is always more of a thing when the tories are making a mess of things as they invariably do despite the English continually voting for them. What the UK needs desperately is a decent and proportional electoral system to stop any party forming a government with a huge majority on 40% of the votes cast. That would kill independence off for even longer.

exiledclaseboy said:
Possibly. It’s unrealistic to expect the UK government to keep UK government functions in what will become a separate country but it’ll be a long term thing, it’s equally unrealistic to expect that these jobs will disappear en masse immediately. They’d undoubtedly be part of any “Walexit” (see what I did there?) negotiations. And then f course the same functions will still be needed in Wales albeit with far fewer numbers.

Like you I’m not an advocate of independence yet but I’m also not going to dismiss it. It’ll definitely happen eventually but certainly not for a couple of generations at least. The continuing Tory Westminster shitshow ruling from afar can’t continue though. The worst thing for the independence movements in both Scotland and wales would be a Labour victory at the next UK general election and that’s what I’m hoping for. Independence is always more of a thing when the tories are making a mess of things as they invariably do despite the English continually voting for them. What the UK needs desperately is a decent and proportional electoral system to stop any party forming a government with a huge majority on 40% of the votes cast. That would kill independence off for even longer.

Pretty much where I am too.

It is amusing in a tragic way that while Labour and Conservatives alike desperately want to preserve the union, they will not support a change to the electoral system as you suggest, as they know they'd both be very unlikely to win an outright majority ever again...

Wonderful scenes, warms the cockles of one’s Welsh heart 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

exiledclaseboy said:

This idiot in charge of the Welsh assembly can't sort out the traffic chaos around Newport and the Brynglass tunnel area, never mind asking him to sort out a defence system to keep us safe. Then there's also the NHS which i believe is the worst of the home nations , and how would that affect the football in our country?. Would we all be thrown out of the English football league? . Be careful what you wish for chaps, just look at poor Ukraine.

cmajack said:
This idiot in charge of the Welsh assembly can't sort out the traffic chaos around Newport and the Brynglass tunnel area, never mind asking him to sort out a defence system to keep us safe. Then there's also the NHS which i believe is the worst of the home nations , and how would that affect the football in our country?. Would we all be thrown out of the English football league? . Be careful what you wish for chaps, just look at poor Ukraine.

He's right mind. The minute we go independent, we'll be invaded by Russia.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back