• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Stradey park

CurtessECarr

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Nearly 100 people losing their jobs to house asylum seekers. :shock:
I am lost for words.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/almost-100-staff-stradey-park-27208182

Lost for words, 100 people losing thier jobs, coupled with the effect on thier families and the local economy, I have every sympathy for genuine asylum seekers but this is hard to take in...

Absolutely fckn disgusting way to treat our own people. Drakeford needs shooting.

sainthelens said:
Absolutely fckn disgusting way to treat our own people. Drakeford needs shooting.

It's a political decision Saint, they don't care about a number, as long as he's showing the world leaders how humanitarian he's being, how generous he is.. he's basically whoring himself out there for personal gain.. career politics etc that Westminster abide by

If, as seems to be confirmed by the article in the OP, this is Home Office issue it’s nowt to do with Drakeford or the Welsh government.

I’m no expert on how this works but my understanding is that the government identifies a site, a hotel or whatever it is but the government has no power to force that establishment into essentially closing to house asylum seekers. They pay them to do so. It’s the hotel owner’s decision. They’ve basically decided that it’s worth more cash to them to do this and lay off their staff than it would to trade as normal. Money talks.

exiledclaseboy said:
If, as seems to be confirmed by the article in the OP, this is Home Office issue it’s nowt to do with Drakeford or the Welsh government.

I’m no expert on how this works but my understanding is that the government identifies a site, a hotel or whatever it is but the government has no power to force that establishment into essentially closing to house asylum seekers. They pay them to do so. It’s the hotel owner’s decision. They’ve basically decided that it’s worth more cash to them to do this and lay off their staff than it would to trade as normal. Money talks.

Or what ECB has said

Skippyjack said:
Or what ECB has said

BBC article confirms it too. This is a U.K. government responsibility not Drakeford, the Welsh government or the Senedd.

exiledclaseboy said:
BBC article confirms it too. This is a U.K. government responsibility not Drakeford, the Welsh government or the Senedd.

So it is career politics, employers are looking for a workforce, why haven't they created a programme to integrate them into work to pay for themselves, instead of playing politics and wasting more money

Skippyjack said:
So it is party politics, employers are looking for a workforce, why haven't they created a programme to integrate them into work to pay for themselves, instead of playing politics and wasting more money

They’re not allowed to work while their asylum claims are being adjudicated

exiledclaseboy said:
They’re not allowed to work while their asylum claims are being adjudicated

It's been years though, like waiting lists, economy, Brexit, sewerage, cost of living.. surely some new legislation can be sorted FFS, where's that burning building meme

Local Councils can take out temporary injunctions against Home Office plans, blocking the department’s efforts to find accommodation for asylum seekers - that's if they're interested or can afford them.

TheLoneRanger said:
Local Councils can take out temporary injunctions against Home Office plans, blocking the department’s efforts to find accommodation for asylum seekers - that's if they're interested or can afford them.

And they’d probably lose. At great expense, as you alluded to.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back