• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sinead O'Connor

Professor

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Reports that she has sadly died. Given the many difficulties through her life and recent death of her son this is very tragic. Same age as me. 'Mandinka' will always remind me of the University Disco

RIP

Only knew her for One track , but what a classic that was . nice one Prince .

Do believe she lost her way in later life , only 56 , sad .

Another victim of the "Magdalene Laundries."

“We were girls in there, not women, just children really. And the girls in there cried every day."

“It was a prison. We didn’t see our families, we were locked in, cut off from life, deprived of a normal childhood."

“We were told we were there because we were bad people. Some of the girls had been raped at home and not believed.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/sinead-oconnor-magdalene-laundry

She had hell of a time of it and unfortunately she’s more famous for that than her creativity, plus her biggest song was a Prince reject. It’s all very sad.

RIP

Much too young and so sad. I loved her album "I do not want what I haven't got" and it is still one of my favourites 34 years on. Like a lot of artists who have one absolutely massive hit, most of her work was overlooked and underrated. Great uptempo tracks like 'The Emperor's New Clothes' and 'Jump in the River' are not the type of song she was mainly known for but there can't be many better songs that only use 2 chords than 'Emperors' IMO.

RIP Sinéad or Shuhada' Sadaqat as you preferred to be known.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNAqVfCvr-I

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back