• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season Ticket renewal- price up

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Just had the invite my ticket has gone up from £370 to £411 which seems a lot and likely to put a few people off particularly with the football served up to date.

23 games means equivalent to less than £18 per game which doesn’t seem so bad and with the ability to pay spread over the year. However add the £3.50 booking fee and its over £18 per game which is slightly misleading.

Is out.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/season-ticket-renewal-2024-25-early-bird-window-now-open

Pacemaker said:
Just had the invite my ticket has gone up from £370 to £411 which seems a lot and likely to put a few people off particularly with the football served up to date.

23 games means equivalent to less than £18 per game which doesn’t seem so bad and with the ability to pay spread over the year. However add the £3.50 booking fee and its over £18 per game which is slightly misleading.

Renew early (before 1/2/24, get £40 cash back into the Swans cash pot to spend in the club shop or online, then it's only £1 increase for you

Pacemaker said:

Let's be honest the football served up this season has been complete and utter dross .

In fairness, we've had a few freezes and modest rises over the years all the while with running costs at the club going up.

Nobody likes an increase but its difficult to criticise the club for doing so right now.

Having said that I am lucky enough where I can still afford to renew, fully understand some cany justify it.

sainthelens said:
Nothing more festive than a £400 bill before Xmas.

Well then, do it at the end of January mun!

...yeah it's a difficult time of year to pay out such a sum. Like Chief I'm fortunate that I'm able to do this without much discomfort - apart from the already mentioned dire footy. :cry:

I had a proper sit down last night to look at other pricing in the Championship (sad, I know), and in all fairness to the Club, based on medians, only Huddersfield [£249], Birmingham [£300] and Cardiff [£249] offer a cheaper adult season ticket than Swansea [£360] this season. Obviously medians can skew the data a bit, so I looked at the highest price season tickets for Adults too. It turns out only Huddersfield [£249] were cheaper than Swansea [£399] this season. QPR charged £749 ffs!

The timing of the announcement is very poor as it's a difficult time of year for many in our fanbase and we are firmly in a rutt with no manager (and seemingly no plan to replace him!), but I think some fans are living with the fairies if they were expecting a decrease in prices.

The only way cheaper tickets is achievable is by generating more income and reducing expenditure either by - i) selling players (which will cause raptures), ii) selling off infrastructure (which will cause asset stripping allegations), iii) canning the academy (which will cause raptures) or iv) taking on debt (who is going to pay it off if it all goes tits up?).

So yeah, crap to see the prices go up but we're well below the league average of around £480. Just need to sort the football on the pitch out now.

£40 increase * say 10,000 tickets = £400,000.

Which probably barely equates to a squad player for the season by the time you add on associated costs.

I may be wrong but it feels like the days of ticket sales, etc. having a significant impact on a club's finances are long gone.

SwanseaSleuth said:
I had a proper sit down last night to look at other pricing in the Championship (sad, I know), and in all fairness to the Club, based on medians, only Huddersfield [£249], Birmingham [£300] and Cardiff [£249] offer a cheaper adult season ticket than Swansea [£360] this season. Obviously medians can skew the data a bit, so I looked at the highest price season tickets for Adults too. It turns out only Huddersfield [£249] were cheaper than Swansea [£399] this season. QPR charged £749 ffs!

The timing of the announcement is very poor as it's a difficult time of year for many in our fanbase and we are firmly in a rutt with no manager (and seemingly no plan to replace him!), but I think some fans are living with the fairies if they were expecting a decrease in prices.

The only way cheaper tickets is achievable is by generating more income and reducing expenditure either by - i) selling players (which will cause raptures), ii) selling off infrastructure (which will cause asset stripping allegations), iii) canning the academy (which will cause raptures) or iv) taking on debt (who is going to pay it off if it all goes tits up?).

So yeah, crap to see the prices go up but we're well below the league average of around £480. Just need to sort the football on the pitch out now.
My season ticket in the East won’t be any of those figures you listed, it’s way over £400. Or are you just listing it he early bird prices? Because that skews things even further.

In this country, football clubs in general live in cloud cuckoo land.

Stick the EFL highlights on every Saturday night and watch how many banks (not rows, banks) of seats are tarpaulined off in every ground.

Most of them would rather maintain £30-40 a matchday ticket and have their ground half full than drop the prices to something more reasonable to try and fill it up.

Part of the reason is (as someone already said) TV money is worth far more to revenues than gate receipts nowadays, but make no mistake, a lot of it's down to pure greed.

We are in a cost of living crisis and the club are announcing above inflation hikes, at Christmas, and the product is shittier than it's been in about 20 years. Tone deaf and borderline repugnant, imo.

Neath_Jack said:
My season ticket in the East won’t be any of those figures you listed, it’s way over £400. Or are you just listing it he early bird prices? Because that skews things even further.

Neath_Jack said:

I could only go off this season's prices, as not all teams have released their ticket prices for next season and I couldn't find any information about the post-early bird prices Swansea will be charging.

But I've run the comparison again, and based on Swansea's early bird price for next season [£411] the only teams cheaper (based on medians) are: Huddersfield [£249], Preston North End [£408], Cardiff [£389] and West Brom [£409].

I also took a lot of data from here when comparing cheapest tickets (and double checked on the club's websites too): https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/all-24-efl-championship-teams-in-order-of-their-season-ticket-prices-ranked/#swansea-city-pound-345

I'm assuming these tickets would be in the other club's equivalent of our South stand) and based on Swansea's South Stand early bird [£355] the only Clubs cheaper were:

- Birmingham [£300]
- Cardiff [£249]
- Huddersfield [£249]
- Ipswich [£343]
- Preston North End [£280]
- QPR [£242]
- West Brom [£349]

So we're roughly 8th cheapest in the League. I do question if a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush, and if we should just do a Huddersfield and charge a flat £249. But the difficulty you have then is 15,000 season tickets at that price would generate £3,735,000 whereas 10,000 season tickets at the early bird median [£383] generates £3,830,000.

Personally, I'd rather the Club miss out on £100,000 and chalk it up as a loss in favour of generating a semblance of an atmosphere.

Andrew - North Hill said:
In this country, football clubs in general live in cloud cuckoo land.

Stick the EFL highlights on every Saturday night and watch how many banks (not rows, banks) of seats are tarpaulined off in every ground.

Most of them would rather maintain £30-40 a matchday ticket and have their ground half full than drop the prices to something more reasonable to try and fill it up.

Part of the reason is (as someone already said) TV money is worth far more to revenues than gate receipts nowadays, but make no mistake, a lot of it's down to pure greed.

We are in a cost of living crisis and the club are announcing above inflation hikes, at Christmas, and the product is shittier than it's been in about 20 years. Tone deaf and borderline repugnant, imo.

Yeah spot on with that.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back