• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season rating

Andrew - North Hill

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Be interested to hear others views on this season as a whole.

Few bright spots for me - Cardiff home, Rushworth's consistency, the mid-season boost that Ronald gave us, appointing Williams....after that I'm struggling.

The Duff debacle, the summer transfer clangers, Oli Cooper (once a star in the making) going backwards at a rate of knots, defensive clangers all season long, Yates (in general), the horror show at Legoland.....I could go on, but I'll stop there. Just generally dismal all season long.

Hard to score it more than 4/10 imo.

Don't want to knock young players, but Prem loans have to elevate the team. We had at least 4 that couldn't even make the team. That's a big one for me this season.
That said, I hope they go on to have great careers.

3/10

Pulled the trigger on Duff and then took forever to appointment Williams, when he was heavily linked from day one. It always puzzles me when clubs sack managers and don't have their replacements already lined up.

Transfers have been abysmal, only shining light has being Ronald and Rushworth has been great, I am sick of us developing players for other clubs, though.

File under, one to forget.

Poor season. For my money we are still heading in the wrong direction and need to bin this “Swansea Way” nonsense being linked to a possession based keep ball strategy. That doesn’t mean go direct or chaotic unstructured Duff tripe. Ipswich are a great example of what was really the essence of a successful Swansea.

Finding and using relatively inexpensive resources, building a team that gains competitive advantage by exploiting their strengths, and being different and fresh. For them (and this approach would serve us so much better too) that means fast football always looking forward, always looking to create, passes to feet with tons of movement and confidence, and super smart flexible in game management. Plus something we won’t have anytime soon with the likes of Coleman and Levien, total togetherness throughout the club.

Our ponderous negative backwards facing cack is a million miles from gaining success. Sadly, I think Williams - much as he’s grown on me for his obvious commitment and caring -may be wedded to it, as we’ve seen so much of it since he arrived, but I fervently hope he’s not, after he gets a full pre season. If he is, then QPR, Rotherham, Middlesbrough and Millwall will become the norm whoever is in the team. More Cardiff and Stoke please, but also a different orientation. Pass (forward) and move. Copy Ipswich, not some insane delusion of Man City.

Oh, and get shot of frigging Yates and get another excellent goalkeeper and a Ntcham type that can stay fit and wants to play for us.

A very grey season for me if that makes sense. One of my abiding memories of this season will probably be that I attended 2 of the worst football matches I have witnessed in the post-Petty era, away at Bristol City and at home to QPR. This was also the season when meeting up with people, especially my brother and nephew, replaced the football as the incentive to even go there at all. That can be reversed but it needs to happen during the next 2 seasons otherwise I can see me not being bothered as there is so much wrong with the club. 3/10

A transition season but in the main going backwards with an upturn in the last quarter of the season. Our away form is probably as good as many comparable seasons but out home form truly shocking.

On the player front, Rushworth, Key, Tymon, Ronald and Darling have added something this season.

Pato, Cullen, Cabango, Naughton, Allen, Cooper, Grimes have treaded water with injury and inconsistency.

Wood, Walsh, Yates and Fisher wouldn't be missed if they leave for various reasons.

Of the loans. On paper they looked good acquisitions. Ashby and Bashir look like L1 players. Patino needs to add work rate to his talent . Lowe along with Rushworth were notable additions.

Sadly the owners and heads of recruitment have made a number of poor decisions wasting our limited resources.

Can we afford another summer of buying and loaning based on data.

4/10.

Set a bad tone with the Duff appointment along with the awful recruitment.
Since the appointment of Williams it seems we have been making small steps in the right direction.

A transition season but in the main going backwards with an upturn in the last quarter of the season. Our away form is probably as good as many comparable seasons but out home form truly shocking.

On the player front, Rushworth, Key, Tymon, Ronald and Darling have added something this season.

Pato, Cullen, Cabango, Naughton, Allen, Cooper, Grimes have treaded water with injury and inconsistency.

Wood, Walsh, Yates and Fisher wouldn't be missed if they leave for various reasons.

Of the loans. On paper they looked good acquisitions. Ashby and Bashir look like L1 players. Patino needs to add work rate to his talent . Lowe along with Rushworth were notable additions.

Sadly the owners and heads of recruitment have made a number of poor decisions wasting our limited resources.

Can we afford another summer of buying and loaning based on data.
The gold dusting of Premier league loans ended up being worthless bits of sand 😂

This sums it up

Coleman wanted judging on his actions, pretty much all of them were terrible actions

Watson's recruitment was largely just as bad with the occasional bright spot

And then we played the trump card yesterday by picking Patino and Bashir ahead of any of our own players. Barking

A dire campaign saved by winning the home derby. Last few years have been rinse n repeat. Our defensive play is at times diabolical with endless n countless examples of gifting away goals. Way way too many times have i/we been depressed at full time at what we've seen.
Positives?...a summer clear out, the hope we can finally get recruitment right....and that's it.
Still unsure wether to renew ST...the fact I'm even contemplating that is something I've not done in 30 years.
Good starting point will be keeping Rushworth and fckn Yates off.

Money made available for transfers: 9/10
How we spent it: 3/10
Effectiveness of loans: 4/10
Effectiveness of club leadership team: 3/10
Square pegs in square holes on match day: 6/10
Liberty Stadium match day experience: 5/10
Manager in front of the press: 6/10
Academy & youth: 7/10
Kits: 7/10

Positives: Rushworth, Tymon, Key, Ronald, Williams trying to build a connection and has been more than decent, interested to see how the summer goes in terms of our transfer dealings and lastly Cardiff home.

Negatives: Where do we start? Finances wasted on a season where we have had our biggest spending spree since relegation and 90% of them have been poor, paying for Duff only to sack him and bring our former assistant in costing us x amount of money, no scouting network in place last summer, all the loans signings apart from Carl have been shocking and a waste of finances, Yates, Mykola costing us big money, Pederson on a rumoured 25K a week.

Anyone confident we’ll have a good summer transfer wise? With what an actual scouting and recruitment system in place.

Suffering: 8/10
Enjoyment: 4/10
Club Leadership: 3/10
Season Overall: 4/10

General feeling is that it was a wasted season in many respects, mostly consumed by leadership/staffing adventures into incompetence and not much focus on building something...anything.

Have some hope for next season under Williams if we recruit right (D'oh!). I don't think he's anything 'special' like Brendan or Roberto, but he's decent enough, and no-one's ever going to check all the boxes for being a great manager. Take what you have and maximize it.

I'll just be glad if we can have some stability.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back